THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Have you had a PH that went above and beyond what was expected?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you had a PH that went above and beyond what was expected?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:
Trust!!!!..... to have my back under all the situations Im not familiar with or don't know how to handle immediately or safely.

That is my "biggie" and the only reason I hunt with the same PH more than once. They've proven I can "trust " them. The first safari with an unknown PH is a "cr//" shoot I expect.

Best regards, D. Nelson

Couldn't have said it any better!

Posts: 2624 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Roy Vincent and Alan Vincent.

I started hunting with Roy in 1982.

Alan was a little kid. I have a photo of him sitting on my first elephant.

I have hunted with Roy many times until he retired.

We hunt together now guided by Alan.

And neither of us waste any time telling Alan what we expect of him clap

When my daughter was a few months old, she wouldn't leave Alan alone.

Now Alan has his own son a year old, and he won't leave me alone!

Talk about finding the proverbial gold mine of hunting clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
While I've been extremely pleased with the PH I've had on my four safaris (Jan du Plessis of Sebra Hunting Safaris), the person who has gone "above and beyond what was expected" is his wife, Mariesje. After my first safari in 2012, she asked me what type of foods I preferred. When I mentioned "steak fajitas" she was unfamiliar with the term. When I described them, she said... "Oh we call them flatbreads". She then had Jan stir fry some gemsbok filets, and the only thing missing was sour cream. When I went back in May of this year, we had gemsbok fajitas complete with sour cream and chives! When she asked what I liked for deserts, I mentioned three things: apple strudel from the Bakkerie in Outjo, a pastry called "Pigs Ears" from the Bakkerie, and crepes served with sliced bananas, strawberries, chocolate sauce and whipped cream. The next few meals we had, that's exactly what we had for dessert. Each time I've gone back to hunt with Sebra, Mariesje has outdone herself in creating gourmet meals. Knowing that I've been dieting the past couple of years, Mariesje stocked up on Diet Fanta, which is difficult to find anywhere in Namibia. I could go on and on raving about her, but you probably get the idea by now.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1388 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaleS:
A different tack on what was above and beyond. I hunted Lemco many years ago with Wayne Williamson and had a great hunt including lion and buffalo. However two of my favorite memories of the hunt are as follows:

First, while shooting lion bait Wayne continually urged me to shoot a giraffe for bait. Lots of bait. I kept declining but for some time never told him why. Finally after many times asking I finally said "here's the deal...my mother is dying from ALS and she absolutely loves giraffes. If she ever found out i shot one she would be devastated." Several days later while driving through Lemco he suddenly stopped the vehicle and excitedly told me to get my video camera and start shooting video of a group of nearby giraffes. As I complied, I could hear Wayne saying "This is for you, mum"

Second, on the drive back to camp one night it was the night that the planet Mars, or the moon, or some other celestial body was as close to the earth as it would be for another century or some such thing. Again the land cruiser came to a halt in the middle of the two track and as we got out of the vehicle he said "Ive just got to see if I can make the guys understand". We stood there in the middle of the bush as he called all of the trackers out of the back of the car, pointed to the sky and the conversation went like this

Wayne: "Do you see that light in the sky?"
Trackers (in unison): "Yes boss"
Wayne: "Tonight that light is as close to us as it will ever be!"
Trackers: "Yes boss"
Wayne: "Do you understand that this will never happen again"
Trackers: "Yes boss"

We got back in to drive home and he looked at me and said "I really wanted them to understand"

A class act and things like that make a great hunt more memorable to me

animal

Laughing tears are travelling down my cheek... I could not stop .... seeing that scene in my eyes ...

Jolly good jumping

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1140 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Africa Sky Safaris. Limpopo.
Marius Sr. and Jr. Kruger.
-Everything is done to the best of their ability.
-Camp and Staff, vehicles and acomadations/dining is always the best.
-Excellent country. Vast property.
-Always lots of fun and always safe. ( They are both doctors.)
-Completly trust worthy.

They always give a little extra, not a lttle less.
(See buff hunting story "Abrahams Grin" on AR or in African Hunting Gazettee.)

Marius Sr. and his wife Lanna came to stay and travel with us in Canada for a month.
My Grandson will hunt there in 2018. ( Marius calls him "Mr Jaxon" in a heavy Afrikaans accent. Jaxon thinks he is a pretty cool dude.)

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3402 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Corris Ferreira Track-A-Hunt Safaris. Shot a buff the second day. He worked way harder the rest of the trip demonstrating African hospitality than he did finding the bulls. Elephant stalking for photos (he loves elephant hunting), bass fishing, tiger fishing, showing us native African village life, drinking beers at the edge of Kariba just to watch the sunset, etc. Each meal was 5 star quality. Camp was solar powered so there was no generator noise. He has his own road grader so drive from camp to hunt was quick on good roads. When we drove roads villagers would stop him to chat and were genuinely glad to see him. We stopped at a roadside vender and Corris bought some pottery. He whispered to us not to buy anything because the guy's goods were not up to speed but Corris was encouraging him to improve. He really invested in his Campfire Area.

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Off the top of my head . . . Thierry Labat, Pete Wood, Pete Fisher, and Mike Murray.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Not a PH but my lead tracker on my self guided foot safari in Cameroon. When Air France lost all my luggage, in 1 bag was a pair of flip flops. Luckily I wore my hunting boots on the plane. After walking about 8 miles into the bush to set up camp, we then walked another 7-8 miles a day in mountainous terrain. My head tracker was named Remy and he spoke limited English. He hunted in boots but when we got back to camp, he changed to his flip flops the first hunting day. I took off my boots and attempted to walk around camp barefooted but the thorns and rocks were killing me. He absolutely insisted I take his flip flops and wear them each evening. I tried to decline but he pointed out his feet were tougher than mine and he would be offended if I didn't wear his size 12 flops on my size 9 foot. It was one of the very few luxuries on a very tough hunt and when a guy gives a stranger the shoes off his feet, it really means something....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13395 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jerry,

That's a great story.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I tried to decline but he pointed out his feet were tougher than mine and he would be offended if I didn't wear his size 12 flops on my size 9 foot. It was one of the very few luxuries on a very tough hunt and when a guy gives a stranger the shoes off his feet, it really means something....

Or was he safeguarding his "investment"? Wink

Posts: 2035 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote