Find
Notify
Tools

Four days to go!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted
I'm off to Botswanna in Four Days for ELE with Johan calitz. I'm already having major "VISIONS"( probably the Larium) of a big Tusker in the sights of my .470NE. Thanks to Fritz 454 of Bridger Bullets for expiditing me some of his fantastic 500 gr solid flatpoints! They shot extremely well from my Searcy .470NE and in my .375 H&H baboon gun! Damn I can hear the rumble of the Ele now! I'm SO PSYCHED!-Rob

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012
Nothing Up my sleeves but never without a plan and never ever without a surprise!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
Robgunbuilder,

Is'nt it just wonderful to be feeling like a kid just counting down the sleeps before Xmast?

Best of luck with your 100+pounder!

Andrew McLaren

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
Can't you just hear the beautiful sound of those .470's dropping into the chambers and the snap of the lock-up on a fast reload with ol Jumbo 15 feet away! My adrenaline is at max just thinking about it!-Rob

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012
Nothing Up my sleeves but never without a plan and never ever without a surprise!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is'nt it just wonderful to be feeling like a kid just counting down the sleeps before Xmast?

No it is NOT!

In fact, it bloody awfull!
We have 4 days to go before our hunt, and I swear the clock has STOPPED!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68744 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Hope you both have a safe trip and a wonderful hunt.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Wonderful wonderful guys

Saeed and Robgunbuilder

You guys have a lot to answer for just dropping everything and leaving us peasents to keep AR going, dont you have a concience or what roflmao

Damit Mad

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Best of luck and have a great trip!

Saeed -- same for you (and Walter) as well. Big Grin

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Have a great time, Rob! Get plenty of video while you're at it!

Saeed,

I KNOW you're going to have a great time, even with Walter there! roflmao

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The best of luck to both of you! Sure wish I was going along. 7 1/2 months to go and counting.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of the_captain
posted Hide Post
must.....control.....jealousy....

==============================
"I'd love to be the one to disappoint you when I don't fall down" --Fred Durst

Posts: 759 | Location: St Cloud, MN | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Four days!! I don't know how you guys can handle it. boohoo I've only got another nine months before I go to Namibia! bawling

Best of luck on your safaris.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Robgunbuilder;

Tell Terry hello for me! Have a great hunt, though I know you will! Can't wait to hear your report when you get back.

I right behind you, with 13 days to go! Seems like a lifetime compared to 4!

Best regards, D. Nelson

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rob,
When the ele seem small, you are a distance away. When they are huge--you are very-very close Smiler, so take a good shot and then you will be hooked. Before you cut off the tail, you will be planning your next rip.

What no 600 OK???
Have a great hunt!

Dak

Posts: 495 | Location: USA | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rob have a great hunt. I know you'll put the solids to good use. Be sure to take pictures as those of us that are stuck to dreaming for another year or two need a fix now and again. And to think if there was another ele left on quota 6 months ago I'd be going over with you.

Good hunting
John

Posts: 855 | Location: Belgrade, Montana | Registered: 06 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rob,

Good luck, have fun, and be safe!

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rob,
Your hunting with the very best of the best, you just may get that holy grail, they still exist..and Johan still finds them every year, at least one or two that come close enough for government work! thumb beer clap wave

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42163 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Hey Rob I'm from Vegas too and just got back from a hunt in South Africa 6 weeks ago for elephant, lion and cape buffalo. Had a great time in collecting all three; the buff and elephant with the .470NE double rifle. Send me a PM and maybe we can talk on the phone before you leave, if you have the time to do so.

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Rob,

Have a great trip. Hope you get 100lbs per side. thumb

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote