Notify
Tools

Rhino Poacher Says He Was Framed
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted
From the Times Live

Abel Mfana Mashabane, 26, from Phalaborwa, pleaded guilty to trespassing in a designated area after he and his friends were caught walking through the park in May.

He told the court he had been framed by game rangers and that he suspected they had planted a rhino horn in his bag.

During sentencing, Mashabane's lawyer told the court his client's hip was dislocated during his arrest, and that he could not be sent to prison.

"Prison will be worse for him as he has been on crutches since the day of arrest. He has acknowledged the seriousness of the offence he faces, and that rhinos get killed on daily basis," his lawyer said.

Magistrate Sheila Msibi did not find Mashabane guilty of possession of white rhino horn, because neither a carcass nor a killing site was located.

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gayne C. Young:
Magistrate Sheila Msibi did not find Mashabane guilty of possession of white rhino horn, because neither a carcass nor a killing site was located.

Well that makes perfect sense, he has a horn but he is not in possession of a horn. Africa wins again.

I guess it is sort of like being caught with heroin, so long as the opium plant or field cannot be found you are really not in possession of heroin.

Mike

Posts: 21695 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the Magistrate is also involved,.....stinks of corruption,speaking of which,has anyone heard anything on the Dawie Groneveld ( spelling not right I know )fiasco ?

Pete Barnard Safaris
www.africanhunting.biz

Posts: 141 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd bet they're all in on it in one way or another

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gayne C. Young:
I'd bet they're all in on it in one way or another

Closer to the truth than you realise...

Posts: 391 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
yeah, like patrol carries rhino horn to plant it on people ? Gimme a break. But one thing for sure, no carcass, no crime? Gimme a break again.

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Is it a case of a rotten magistrate or one of those illogical dum farts given a job just to keep a white, qualified person out. Africa for Africans. Even if you are fourth generation but white, you do not count.

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
+1 tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No man, for real, I was framed

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Must be a looney liberal Democrat and part of the Obama Administration? That's what all of them claim.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
quote:

Abel Mfana Mashabane, 26, from Phalaborwa, pleaded guilty to trespassing in a designated area after he and his friends were caught walking through the park in May.

He told the court he had been framed by game rangers and that he suspected they had planted a rhino horn in his bag.

Isn't this the OJ /Mark Fuhrman defense?? I didn't realize Robert Shapiro was practicing law in Africa and getting more guilty black guys off for their crimes.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1388 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm glad I wasn't drinking when I read this, I would of spit on my keyboard. tu2 tu2

Birmingham, Al