Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nyala Hunt
 Login/Join

posted
I want to go back to Africa in 2014 or 2015 and nyala would be my primary trophy along with bushbuck, kudu and eland. I'm interested in unfenced or very large properties and plan to be very selective for my trophies. We're in very good shape and do a lot of high country hunting in CO where we live. Could anyone recommend outfitters? Thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Back in July/August, I took the god grandson to hunt in RSA . We hunted with Pieter Kriel, of Hunting In Africa, e-mail is hunt@huntinginafrica.co.za. We hunted one farm, 3,700 acres near Pongola, and lots of Nyala there. We saw several every day. God grandson got one after we had given up on Kudu. By that time we only had the one day to hunt, but he got his after lunch. You might want to give Pieter a shout. Nyala not found everwhere, nor are Bushbuck, so might have to hunt different areas, though both might be found in some areas.

Posts: 501 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd suggest you contact Mokore. I was impressed with the bushbuck and nyala that I saw but did not hunt in their Moz concession in 2011.

Cheers,
Dean

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

Posts: 876 | Location: Halkirk Ab | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Cutthroat

If you are looking at a free range Nyala consider hunting with Trevor Lake Smiler who hunts out of Durban, south africa and all his locations are free range, large and unfenced.
lakesafaris@telkomsa.net his e mail and www.lakesafaris.co.za his new web page that was just started.

I hunted with him in 2011 and have another 11 day safari for 2014 for the animals you listed plus some others are on my trophy list.

I know you will have a great time with him.

Terry Wagner is his booking agent and you can go to www.lakesafaris.com for information and a phone number to talk to terry.

Terry was with him this year and was able to get a very nice Nyala.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1579 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
If this is what you have in mind in terms of Nyala, Kudu and Eland please let me know...

28"

59"

60"

We hunt on 10,000 acres inside a 75,000 acre conservancy in Kwa Zulu Natal.

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HI GUYS

I have everything kudus bushbuck eland nyala in mpumalanga 20000 acres never been hunted in 12 years so if you need good quality give me a call.

luan

Posts: 261 | Location: Lydenburg | Registered: 19 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
One more Nyala pic:

Forgot to we we have bushbuck too...

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Cuthroat, KZN at least was hard to beat for big Nyala in RSA so you may wish to focus on some of the outfitters there if Nyala are the clear number one on your list.

Cannot argue with the other options listed - took all species mentioned in your note except bushbuck in Mpumalanga but it has been a while and Limpopo was another viable option for the species you are after so you have some fun choices to make whether in RSA and/or another country.

very best of luck in narrowing down your outfitters and in your hunt!

mark

Posts: 37 | Location: western usa | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote