New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where for Buffalo if Not Zimbabwe?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Zambia, the Caprivi? Who to hunt with in Timbavati? I don't think I want to hunt the swamps for my first buffalo and I know I'll catch hell for this, but I'd really like to kill a big beautiful bull and then experience a Dagga boy hunt. Experts I appreciate your knowledge and opinions.
Dave

Posts: 298 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Zambia with Andrew Baldrey

Mazambique with Simon Roger

Tanzania (Maasi Land) with many options

South Africa with Wintershoek

One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 for Zambia with Andrew Baldry Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Moz with Simon Rodger
Have also heard good things about Andrew Baldry.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen a bad recommendation yet. A couple of others. Whoever has Simanjiro in Masailand today. Good dugga boys all the time and if you time it right, at the beginning of the rains, more buffalo than you can imagine.

Also, Lukwati has a lot of buffalo and some very good ones. I believe Michel Mantheakis has one of those concessions and Danny McCallum has the other. I think this area has some real potential. In 2013 my two bulls were old bulls at 41+ and 42+ and we were hunting for bait and not being overly picky. I'm looking forward to my return this year with more of a focus on buffalo.

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is Tanzania much more expensive than the other options? If not, then it might be the only option for the East African specialities like Lesser kudu, Grants and Tommie's? I was wondering about the APNR areas that border Kruger like Timbavati? No fences between them and the park should make for a good experience I would think?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark Young has a heck of a deal on buffalo in Zambia, $9950 including TF. If you can go on a short notice grab this one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its a well known secret but West Africa has some amazing buffalo hunting for Savannah buffalo. The hunt is absolutely the same as that of a cape buff and while they don't look as impressive they are just as tough.

Posts: 2570 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are some great deals in Tanzania being offered. Hilary Daffi is offering a great package on 2 x1 hunts in Rungwa as well as Siminjaro

Tim

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave,

As Bama15 suggested John Du Plooy may have the best buffalo hunting area in Zambia. The area is massive and it shares a 70 KM border with the North Luangwa Park. Particularly late season you will see hundreds of buffalo there. You also can pick up a hippo, croc and Cookson's wildebeest only found in the luangwa even on a short buffalo hunt. Simon Roger's area in Mozambique is very good also. I've booked that area for my clients through Mokore Safaris and they've done really well. Good chance for big buffalo there and giant croc.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BuffNut
posted Hide Post
My group and I just took nice Buff in Coutada 10 of Mozambique with Marromeu. I've hunted them in Tanzania, RSA, Zambia and Zim. Moz was a nice change of pace - different terrain, different kind of hunt. Classy operation.

Posts: 193 | Location: Cherry Log, Georgia | Registered: 01 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I should have said that I am probably looking for 2017. I just returned from a 24 day trip split between Dave Davenport's East Cape area and the Outjo, Namibia with Boshoff's Onduri Safaris.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Plus with Tanzania is you can hunt two buffalo on even a 10 day license.

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote