THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    I know you need advertisers but come on.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I know you need advertisers but come on.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
I never watched a hunting show.All these years of commercial junk has turned me off of cinema,music and television.I don`t even own a TV.I am hopefull and convinced that there is good stuff out there but it is all hidden amongst the garbage.IMO there should be advertisement but it should be done before the show or hidden within.

George it would be a little tough to attract advertisers to spring for advertising if the advertising was set up so that the viewers could avoid it or it was hidden. Wink

Mike

Posts: 21698 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If I was an advertiser I would consider the quality of the show that I would want to be associated with and would base my success on that of the show.I like how Rolex and others would go about advertising during a James Bond film.The sports car turns the corner and you see the advertisement on the billboard etc...What I am saying is that unless the show succeeds you will not succeed and for the show to succeed you have to attract viewers and not chase them away.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Fair point. Or golfers wearing Nike shirts or Titlist hats. Although some folks find that offensive too. It is like arguing with your wife, there is no way to win.

Mike

Posts: 21698 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Both magazines and television shows make money only from advertising. Subscription revenues pay only a small proportion of the overall costs. In a magazine you can skip over ad pages if you don't want to be bothered by the ad, but on a television show, the only option is to record the show and fast forward past the ad if it bothers you. The media industry is a difficult business and I can't hold it against these guys to make a little money. Anyone who doesn't like a show for any reason, is welcome to not watch it. These shows are not run by people with limitless incomes - they are businesses that need to earn money in order to survive. Can't see where that is wrong, unless the advertising slants objective reviews in a particular way with unethical intentions.

Mehul Kamdar

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."-- Patrick Henry

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Fair point. Or golfers wearing Nike shirts or Titlist hats. Although some folks find that offensive too. It is like arguing with your wife, there is no way to win.
A shirt or cap is OK with me.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
IMO, the best artistic talent out there is the one the makes the least effort to be recognized.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting perspective from different people. As usual Tim said it very well.
The whitetail and turkey show make me gag, pretty much all of them. As a professional guide that has the privelage of hunting alot of North Americas species, I still dream of going over seas and hunting DG in Africa, It may be out of reach but I can dream can't I.
This is why with the million whitetail hunters watching whitetail shows confuses me. If all i had was whitetail to hunt I wouldn't get any work done as i would spend my days day dreaming of other places and species. You would think these shows that show far of places and species would sky rocket to the top of the ratings.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1239 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote