Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting shows
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted
Is there any alternative to hunting show series besides cable/satellite TV's?
I'm getting rid of mine at the end of July

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Canuck32
posted Hide Post
There's some stuff on Pootube but not much commercial stuff

If you have that much to fight for, then you should be fighting. The sentiment that modern day ordinary Canadians do not need firearms for protection is pleasant but unrealistic. To discourage responsible deserving Canadians from possessing firearms for lawful self-defence and other legitimate purposes is to risk sacrificing them at the altar of political correctness."

- Alberta Provincial Court Judge Demetrick

Posts: 615 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 17 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look at the thread from earlier this month
You can stream all of them for $9.99 with the first moth free or discounted
All your good shows seem to be on there.
I should have copies the thread but the name is not on the tip of my younger.
I went on it and was pleased

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Carbon TV - all online!

You can also subscribe to our youtube series "Vision Quest".

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm with you Boarkiller. I am getting rid of mine too. I used to watch maybe 50% of the programs, now maybe 2%. The amount of advertising is obscene. Some have even incorporated "picture within a picture" advertising while you are watching their 10 min of footage in 30 min of airtime, the rest being the other advertising. Incredible!

Posts: 383 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada | Registered: 25 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used to watch a lot of the hunting channels, not so much any more.
Too phoney, too many commercials and simply not that good.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2646 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
If you've got a half decent internet connection you can install kodi.com on a lap or desktop which gives endless on demand viewing including new movies & some hunting channels/shows and/or mobdro.com on an android device for scheduled programmes including Sky & there's probably some hunting content on there as well.

Both are free & (according to their websites) fully legal because it's streaming not downloading but I have no idea what the difference between the two is.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Awesome gentlemen
Thanks a bunch

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Print publications are just as bad. For every one page article there are six to eight full page ads. This was not the case twenty five years ago. My thought was that having a degree in Journalism would allow me to get paid to hunt and fish all over the world. This was not the case. You had to knock on doors to get sponsors to help fund your travel. Even with sponsors, you had to find a job guiding or charter fishing. For every twenty articles that I wrote on average one would get published. It was extremely competitive and back then it was not the 200 billion dollar industry that it is today. Think about how many hunting publication you subscribed to before the internet. There were many not sources of information other than trade shows and referrals about international hunting and fishing. Fast forward to today and there are as many hunting blogs and video productions as there are Professional Hunters in Africa. It troubles me to watch some of the shows when they make people like Luke Bryan out to be a hunting professional. Watch the below video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jcvlo3pUAk

There is nothing professional about his actions.

Many of the shows that you see today are trust fund kids that spend big bucks to advertise their show. They come out of thin air with no portfolio, endorsements, guiding experience or certifications. Not many of the shows actually make a good deal of money other than big productions. Some of you may disagree but remember Duck Dynasty is not a hunting show. At the prime of its popularity it made more than four times the amount of all the hunting shows on television.

Rob Keck told me when I first started touring with him for the Bass Pro Fall Classic. There are two things that drive income from hunting shows. Deer and turkey hunting. Think about it, most Americans can afford to deer and turkey hunt. They can not afford that Big Horn Sheep and will flip the channel to learn skills that they can apply in the field.

We are a small audience and are lucky that we have Dallas Safari Club and SCI to fund the Africa shows that we enjoy.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote