THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    I have friend looking for a plains game hunt in Namibia...Suggestions?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have friend looking for a plains game hunt in Namibia...Suggestions?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Spring
posted
I have a friend that is looking for a plains game hunt to Namibia somewhere around July of 2007. He wants to take his daughter who will be about to graduate from college at that time. I think he wants a 10-day hunt. He also has a preference for something resembling a traditional fair-chase safari. Do any of you have any suggestions on a good outfitter to consider?

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have him consider...www.fultonclassicsafaris.com/

We hunted with Vaughan in 2003 and are going back in October, this time after buff in the Caprivi.

Feel free to email or PM me if I can answer any questions.

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be hunting with Boet Nel in June, so I can fill you in on how it was when I get back.

Posts: 384 | Location: Tok, Alaska | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
As McCray has said, Vaughan Fulton is great. There are many good options in Namibia, but for a traditional fair chase, tented safari, I too can very highly recommend Vaughan. My wife and I have hunted with Vaughan and he is a prince. Others who post here have hunted with him as well.

Vaughan hunts on two communal conservancies in the northwest of Namibia, just west of Etosha, that together comprise nearly 900,000 acres of wild, wide open spaces. southern greater kudu, gemsbok, springbok, eland, Hartmann's mountain zebra, Damara dik-dik, klipspringer, steenbok, southern giraffe (if they're inclined to hunt them, I wasn't) are there in great numbers.

Also there are elephant, lion, leopard and cheetah in the area. Even if you don't hunt them, it's nice to know, and adds spice to the experience, that they're running around wild and unfenced just around the next kopje.

I am also hunting again this year with Vaughan in his Caprivi conservancy.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13633 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a great hunt with my son last July with http://www.hunters-hq.com/KamanjabTrophyHunting.htm

Mims Reed from AR put together the trip and Zack & I had a super hunt with great hosts. The ranch was low fenced, 42 square miles, food was super as was the hospitality of our hosts. Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
Last year SBT and I went to Otjandaue which is near Omaruru, Namibia. Had a great time and great hunt. Of the 14 animals combined, 12 were gold medals. PH there is Ecki Meyer. I don't have a website address but his email is: otjandaue@omaruru.na I know they have a website but I misplaced the address.

This year my son and I are going to try Kansimba and hunt with Fred Bezduinhout. Contact Mark Young on this forum for further information. (Fred was my PH last year at Otjandaue and he says Kansimba is fantastic. If Fred says it's so,it's so!)

John Kendrick

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm booked for a plains game hunt with Jan Oelofse safaris. They have a great reputation and it is an open range hunt. See the discusion on African hunting report forum or there website www.janoelofsesafaris.com.
7mm. guy

shoot straight or shoot often.

one of us
Picture of Mark in SC
posted Hide Post
Holly and I hunted with Dirk de Bod of Safaris Namibia and Nick Nolte of Nick Nolte Hunting Safaris last year in April taking 22 trophies between us, including 2 leopards.

Your friend can visit our Photo Gallery to see around 200 photos of our 21 day hunt in three areas of Namibia.

NRA, GOA, & SCI Life Member
www.scilowcountry.org

Posts: 692 | Location: South Carolina Lowcountry | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Vic,

We are actively promoting Kansimba Lodge. The short story is that only one party at a time hunts this property, the hunting is almost all on foot as opposed to a Landcruiser shoot, trophy quality is very good and the prices are more than reasonable. Also the accommodations are excellent.

I will be hunting with Fred the resident PH next year. Fred comes highly recommended and when I met with him in Reno I was impressed. I'm sure a guy would have a real hunt with him.

Let me know if this sounds good and if you'd like more info.

Regards,

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
I'm leaving for a hunt with Vaughan Fulton in 12 days. I've also hunted twice with Jan Oelofse. Vaughan guided for Jan for 5 years.

www.fultonclassicsafaris.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted Namibia 4 times,twice at Jan's,where I met Vaughan Fulton, and twice with Vaughan at his Etosha conservancy. If a person is looking for a free ranging African experience I would highly recommend Vaughan. This is wide open and truly wild!

Mike

Posts: 1878 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Another vote here for Vaughan's outfit. I went on my first African safari last summer (a father/son hunt) with Vaughan and could not have been more pleased with the results. We had a grand time - I can't wait to return. Definitely check in Fulton Classic Safaris.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
Thank you so very much for all of these suggestions! I have forwarded them to my buddy along with all of your comments. He previously has been considering a hunt in Zim, but with the fact the his trip will be two years out, he is hesitant to bet on Zim's situation at that time. Sounds like Namibia might a better option for what he's looking for.
Thanks again!

one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
My son and I hunted with Hentie Van Heerden in Namibia last year. We hunted 10 days, killed 14 animals. 4 will make it in Rowland Ward. We hunted 118 square miles, low fence farms. Excellent hunt and cheaper than most. 2x1 was $200. Kudu $750, Oryx $420. I'm going back next year.

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
TJ has he got a website?

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1878 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
My son and I hunted with Hentie Van Heerden in Namibia last year. We hunted 10 days, killed 14 animals. 4 will make it in Rowland Ward. We hunted 118 square miles, low fence farms. Excellent hunt and cheaper than most. 2x1 was $200. Kudu $750, Oryx $420. I'm going back next year.

TJ,
Out of curiosity, is this part of the same Van Heerden clan mentioned recently on this forum in some rather hot threads?

Sounds like you and your son had a banner trip there.
Thanks.
Dungbeetle

Posts: 1370 | Location: Home but going back. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Vaughan. He will have a new camp in the Northwest Conservancy this year near his bore hole and will have a deluxe tent camp in that area.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You should also look into Farm Felsneck in Namibia. Helgaard (the PH) used to post here occasionally. I hunted there last year and had a good time. Several other folks who post here have also hunted there. You can do a search on previous posts.
peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Same last name, different family. His name is Hentie Van Heerden, born and raised in Windhoek. One man operation, I don't think he uses Agents or Outfitters. He is so small he doesn't have a web site yet. His email is "vhsaf@mweb.com.na".
We hunted 10 days and shot 13 animals. 4 of them made Rowland Ward and 2 were NAPHA Gold Medal.
Not a fancy big time operation but an excellent hunt.
We were completely satisfied with the hunt, that's why I mention it here. I'm not a wanna be Outfitter/Agent and don't make any money from him.

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
You should also look into Farm Felsneck in Namibia. Helgaard (the PH) used to post here occasionally. I hunted there last year and had a good time. Several other folks who post here have also hunted there. You can do a search on previous posts.
peter.

We hunted Felseneck for a couple days with Vaughan. Helgaard and family run first class operation there as well. If you're looking for something a little less "wild," I'd recommend Felseneck with no reservations.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
Spring,

I assume this is the same Spring that posts over on Woody's as well. I am leaving to hunt with Vaughan's Etosha outfit in four weeks and can certainly report back to you when I return. I will say this, what your friend is looking for is exactly what drew me to Vaughan's outfit. Have him get in touch with Vaughan's booking agent, Wendell Reich. http://www.huntersquest.com/index.html

George

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Greensboro, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
Thanks, George, and I'll be sure and pass your suggestion along to him.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I´ll be going to Namibia in Oct and I´ll be hunting with Uhlenhorst Safaris. The contact I´ve had so far has been very friendly and professional. We´ll be doing most of the hunt in the Kalahari for plainsgame.

http://www.tgsafari.co.za

"What doesn´t kill you makes you stranger!"

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted Namibia twice with this outfit and had a great time both trips.Took my wife and daughter on the last trip because we enjoyed it so much the first trip.I am going back with two friends again next year.Great hunt with fine Christian people and at the best prices I have seen .

The web address is; www.makalaan.com

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of OMUHONA
posted Hide Post
Thanks Peter and DesertRam ! I am still here.

www.farmfelseneck-namibia.com

Posts: 74 | Location: Felseneck-Namibia | Registered: 08 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ropes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Vic,

We are actively promoting Kansimba Lodge. The short story is that only one party at a time hunts this property, the hunting is almost all on foot as opposed to a Landcruiser shoot, trophy quality is very good and the prices are more than reasonable. Also the accommodations are excellent.

I will be hunting with Fred the resident PH next year. Fred comes highly recommended and when I met with him in Reno I was impressed. I'm sure a guy would have a real hunt with him.

Let me know if this sounds good and if you'd like more info.

Regards,

Mark

My Wife and I will touring and hunting with Fred and Rosa for 16 days in May - June next year at the recommendation of Bill C. who hunted DG with him a few years ago. He has been very responsive to emails and my 1000 questions.

John

Posts: 549 | Location: Denial | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vic,
I just got back yesterday from a ten day hunt with Vaughan. Had a great time and took kudu, zebra, gemsbok, hartebeest and springbok. Hunted both farm and conservancy. I would strongly suggest that you look into Classic Safaris with Vaughan!
John

Posts: 155 | Location: Ohio, USA | Registered: 10 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lucky, did Vaughan have his new deluxe camp in the conservency ready for your stay?

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
Thanks, John, and it sounds like you had a great hunt! Have any pictures yet that you can share?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was the first hunter to be a guest in Vaughan's new camp. Hot showers, cold drinks, great food and lively discussions around the campfire made the evenings after a full day's hunt a pleasure! I am getting the pictures developed today. I will try to post some of them in a few days.
John

One of Us
posted Hide Post
John is the new camp in Vaughan's first conseratory or his second? Did he personally attend orm was he up in the Caprivi?

Bob Clark

Posts: 330 | Location: Vanderhoof'British Columbia | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Has anyone here hunted with Didimala safaris is Namibia? I read an article on Didimala safaris a while ago ,but havent heard any other reports on it. Has anyone heard anything about Didimala?

Sympathy please ,I have champagne tastes and beer budget

Posts: 618 | Location: Singleton ,Australia | Registered: 28 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob,
It was his new camp in his first area not the Caprivi. I hunted 1:1 with Vaughan and had a great time. I am starting to think about the Caprivi for my next hunt in a couple of years though!
John

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lucky1, did he build the camp near the bore hole by the river?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Spring ...you have a PM.

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Vic,
It's not clear whether your friend's daughter also hunts, or whether she wants to learn on the trip. In either case, second the recommendations for Namibia.
Regards, Tim

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Die Ou Jagter,
The new camp is right beside the river bed. The hot showers and flush toilets are great after a day in the bush! And you even have a view of the Southern Cross every night.
John