THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Osa Johnson's Oberndorf Mauser in 9.3x62
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Osa Johnson's Oberndorf Mauser in 9.3x62
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Okay I got it... Bob from Texas beated me in the nick of time on that Osa Mauser. That day Bob bought it, I had myself all fired up to buy it, when I read on Nitro Expressforums it was sold to a guy down south. I sought recompense..there had be some kind of justice here on earth..So I had to settle with this dude, so I wouldn`t be tourmented for the rest of my life for missing that Mauser of Osas.
I have read all their books, and fell pretty connected to the story....+ rifle.
Oh well..I know this rifle of Osas has a good home with Bob, whom too appriciate such a historical piece of america/africa, the Johnsons represent. Nice catch Bob patriot

I will imagine Osa have had her hands on this one in Kenya, but chose the A-mauser..

Rigby in .303 Takedown

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So much for the argument that synthetic stocks are superior... That rifle is almost 80 years old, and still beautiful...