THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Rich Tabor and Rex Hoets for Elephant

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rich Tabor and Rex Hoets for Elephant
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm real close to booking my first ever elephant hunt. If I can find the time away from work, I'm going. My PH would be either Rich Tabor or Rex Hoets.

Have any of you guys hunted with these gentlemen? Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Brad,

Bill Clayton, who worked with me at Reliant before we sold the retail business, hunted with Rex last year. Bill and I went to Africa together last year. PM me with your email and I will put Bill in touch with you. In the mean time, here is the link to Bill's hunt report:

http://forums.accuratereloadin...=469107588#469107588

I hope things work out for you at work, it is an experience like no other.

Mike

Posts: 21392 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Both guys are tops.
Rex has a love for fine rifles if you are a rifle nut.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
in your amigo's report, who is the chap with your buddy in the waterbuck pic? I met him last year in Sengwa..can't recall his name. Is he one of the 2 PH's who are being asked about on this thread?
I'm awful with names, but I can always remember a face. I recall he was a really nice fella.

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've hunted ele with Rex in 2008, great PH, great company.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Rich Tabor back in 2005 in Chewore South. What a nice gay and one hell of a good PH. I was in Zim for 6 months in 2005 and spent a lot of time hunting with Rich mainly filming. You would have a great hunt with him.

Mike

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 697 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miketaylor:
What a nice gay and one hell of a good PH.
Mike

Mike,

I trust that's a spellnig mitsake!

animal rotflmo jumping rotflmo animal

I think I've just broken a rib! animal animal animal

One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry!!!! Sould be GUY!!!!!! I have never been good at the spelling thing.

Mike

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
+44 7930 524 097

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure Mike, that was a Freudian slip. You can come out of the closet and tell us what happen at camp. Must have been an exciting Safari.

Posts: 405 | Location: Dallas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 16 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Jeez, that is funny!! Tabor, I hope you are reading this!

On a serious note, Rich and Rex are both excellent PH's and great company. You will have a super hunt, no matter which one of these two guys you end up with.

Cheers, David

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
David

Is Rich still hunting for Roger or has he moved on?

Mike

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
+44 7930 524 097

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Just make sure they don't hit you with their handbags! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Rich hunts for Roger, himself and one or two other guys now.

David

One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Rex in September and it was a great experience. He is a great guy and a wonderful teacher - very knowledgeable of the flora and fauna. Also has a great,although dry and subtle, sense of humor.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scottyboy:
Mike,
in your amigo's report, who is the chap with your buddy in the waterbuck pic? I met him last year in Sengwa..can't recall his name. Is he one of the 2 PH's who are being asked about on this thread?
I'm awful with names, but I can always remember a face. I recall he was a really nice fella.

That is Andres. Andres is an appy working for HHK and was the appy in the Sengwa camp. You are right, he is a great kid. I understand he had a full fail on his PH exam, but I am sure he will ultimately get his ticket and make a fine PH.

Mike

Posts: 21392 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi All

Just to set the record straight- Rich Tabor is now hunting for CMS full time and not free- lancing.

Mike that was great- I enjoyed that !!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:
Originally posted by Scottyboy:
Mike,

That is Andres. Andres is an appy working for HHK and was the appy in the Sengwa camp. You are right, he is a great kid. I understand he had a full fail on his PH exam, but I am sure he will ultimately get his ticket and make a fine PH.

Thanks, Mike.. NOW it rings a bell! Andres.
Tough break on the fail. I hope he continues to try.
Thanks for refreshing the memory.

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Rich in Chewore South for lion,tuskless and buffalo in 07. He was great!
He is a little quiet at first but was a super
PH on a tough hunt that turned out succesfull
for everything we were hoping for. I highly recommend him.

Posts: 121 | Location: Creswell Oregon | Registered: 13 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When we hunted with Zambezi this spring Rex was one of our PH's. He was a great guy, Very knowledgable about guns& zimbabwe& flora and fauna. as already stated he has a really, really good sense of humour and is lots of fun to hunt with. It doesn't detract from his serious side and he is also very focused on getting the job done with great trophies.

Please feel free to PM and I could give you a phone # if you want to talk in person about Rex, or see some pics of the results.
I don't think you could go wrong with Rex.

Posts: 171 | Location: ontario canada | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted extensively with Rich Tabor, mostly for elephants; thirteen elephants, four buff and lots of other critters with Rich.

Rich is an excellent PH and a great guy. He can be a little quiet at first, but has a hell of a sense of humor and is good company. His trackers are also excellent and good guys.

Rich was taught elephants and elephant hunting by Roger Whittall and Roger's legendary tracker (and qualified, liscensed PH) Magara Diraponga and spent much time in the bush as a young appy and much time at Roger's Humani ranch in the Save Conservancy, where the elephants are especially cheeky. Rich knows elephants and elephant hunting well. Also, Rich is very calm cool and collected around elephants, even under extreme pressure. We have faced two full on charges together, one of which Dave Hulme was present for and got photos of, and more bluffs, and Rich can be absolutely relied upon in a tight situation.

I would highly recomend an elephant hunt with Rich.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:
Hi All

Just to set the record straight- Rich Tabor is now hunting for CMS full time and not free- lancing.

Mike that was great- I enjoyed that !!

Thanks Buzz, didn't know this. How do you feel about having such a nice gay working for you now? Need eyes in the back of your head hey?

Cheers, will write to you soon.

Dave

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
jumping

One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
I must remember to spell check my posts from now on!! Sorry Rich if you do happen to look on AR.

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
+44 7930 524 097

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Bummer if you've got that nice gay backing you hey?
It's hilarious Mike, don't be sorry. rotflmo

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I reckon we ought to thank both Mike and Rich for giving us such a good laugh....... and possibly hope we never meet Rich in case he might want to give us clap! rotflmo

posted Hide Post
Rich was my brother's PH in '08 for buffalo in Chewore South and plains game in the Save. I agree with everyone else that has already posted, I would highly recommend him and would hunt with him again without hesitation.

Posts: 11 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: 05 December 2008Reply With Quote