THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Kambako Safaris Recommendations and Advice

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kambako Safaris Recommendations and Advice
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
We are looking at booking a buffalo or maybe a buffalo leopard hunt in Mozambique. This would be our first time to Moz. We are more interested in northern Mozambique.

I've just started looking, and yesterday I noticed Kambako is at the Houston Safari Club show.

I wanted to see if anyone had advice on their hunts and operations.

Thanks!!

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1298 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Cabassa Safaris in 2018. Their Niassa concession bordered Kambako. I had an incredible experience and have rebooked for 2021. They are also at the Houston Safari Club convention and would be worth a conversation and quote.

I don’t think you can go wrong with the Kambako/Cabassa/Luwire concessions. There were lots of buffalo, and more importantly, lots of old, crusty dugga boys. We were on tracks everyday and passed multiple hard-bossed bulls before ultimately taking a 40” spread 17” boss bull.

Niassa is hands down my favorite place on earth.

I attached a YouTube compilation video I made of my trip. There aren’t a whole lot of videos of Niassa hunting, so it helps demonstrate the scenery, habitat, shooting/tracking conditions, and other endemic species available.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V0L8DcIeQPI

Derrick

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Lots of fine references for them on these pages.

You can't go wrong.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bivy:
I hunted with Cabassa Safaris in 2018. Their Niassa concession bordered Kambako. I had an incredible experience and have rebooked for 2021. They are also at the Houston Safari Club convention and would be worth a conversation and quote.

I don’t think you can go wrong with the Kambako/Cabassa/Luwire concessions. There were lots of buffalo, and more importantly, lots of old, crusty dugga boys. We were on tracks everyday and passed multiple hard-bossed bulls before ultimately taking a 40” spread 17” boss bull.

I attached a YouTube compilation video I made of my trip. There aren’t a whole lot of videos of Niassa hunting, so it helps demonstrate the scenery, habitat, shooting/tracking conditions, and other endemic species available.

Derrick

Thanks for posting your video. It was truly outstanding. I haven't been to Niassa yet but I will get there in the next few years one way or another.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
I hunted there 5 years ago with Kambako.
Truly the wildest place i have been. Only saw one person there in 14 days that was not with us.
Place is crawling with leopards. Shot one on the second day and had 3 more in the tree that night after we left.
Bushbuck, eland and buffalo are also plentiful.
Elephant would be tough to find though, not impossible

Posts: 759 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of andy_7x64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bivy:

Derrick

Thanks for the video!

It reminds me of my hunt there with Kambako in 2009. This was by far my best hunt in Africa.
Got a great buff and an even better Eland bull. I don‘t think you can go wrong with Kambako and Niassa.
My PH actually was Stu Taylor. Great PH and great guy. I hope he is doing better again.
Rgds,
Andy

Posts: 119 | Location: Germany, South | Registered: 05 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you hunt with Kambako ask for Ryan to be your PH! Yo will be well looked after!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Kambako for 10 days in November for buff, sable, and all the endemic species.

Glad to share my experience.

And, I second what Buzz says, Ryan is tops. Paul is too.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
PH Paul Wellock is great also

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i've spent alot of time with jumbo both inthe field and out and i'll guarantee you that you won't find a better outfitter. when he move from aim to mox he had the backing and desire to make the finest finest camp in the country. you are going to pay well for it but you will get y0ur moneys worth

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote