New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr. Frank Hibben Kicked Out
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just saw a news report from Albuquerque. Seems Dr. Hibben willed his home, trophy collection, and artifact collection to the University of New Mexico (his long time employer) upon his passing. The TV reporter was saying that Mrs. Hibben had been given 30 days to vacate and she was worried that his lifetime collection would not be properly cared for. Anybody have any details?

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why would a smart man will his home to the university with his wife still living in it? It will be interesting to hear more on this.

Posts: 13860 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
I would think she would have some legal claim on the house irrespective of the will.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If the real estate was owned by H/W wouldn't he only be able to will his interest. I am sure an attormey fimilar with NM law could clarify this. Maybe she signed off.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
She was the second Mrs. Hibbin.Frank's first wife,Brownie, passed away many years ago and Frank remarried.
The local news reports that an"amicable settlement"had beeb reached.Mrs Hibbin said she was contacted by an attorney for UNM and given 30 days to remove herself and her posessions.
Bravo five one

one of us
posted Hide Post
Only a lawyer would consider that 'amicable"!
peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote