Namibia's Omujeve
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of KPete
posted

one of us
posted Hide Post
What an absolutely awesome hunt, and pics! clap

Give my sincerest congrats to Master Alex!

You've created a monster. Hope your pocket book holds up! Big Grin

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
What an amazing hunt. Congratulations on the great hunt & on the way you encouraged your son. I am choking as I type this!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11250 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
That is absolutley fantastic! Congrats to you all!

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
Great hunt, wonderful story, and marvelous photos. You are a lucky man KPete. Congratulations to Bwana Alex.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Wow. Seven on safari. Lordy how different my life might have turned out if I'd been exposed to Africa at seven.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the great report and pictures. This is exactly what I want to do with my family.

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
It's gonna be tough to make another trip without Bwana Alex! Congrats to the entire family on an excellent safari!!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Dog:
What an absolutely awesome hunt, and pics! clap

Give my sincerest congrats to Master Alex!

You've created a monster. Hope your pocket book holds up! Big Grin

Mad Dog

+1

Well done sir.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Incredible report! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
An amazing story. Thank you for sharing those wonderfull memories with us!

Proud DRSS member

One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Awesome report!
Awesome hunt!
Congratulations to all!

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kpete,

Congrats, I've hunted with the Krugers 2x already, and are heading back in July for a 3rd. They are an amazing group, having spoken to Nic he told me about Alex, so very cool to get to see the pics from his hunt. I'm sure it is an experience he'll never forget!

Posts: 729 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great write-up, Kim..

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
TWO THUMBS UP!!! tu2 tu2 Just make sure you get Alex back there before he turns 9!

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
WELL DONE!!!

Can't wait to take my son!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37897 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Great report, superb trophies and life long memories for you and your family! Well done!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That looks like you had the safari of a lifetime! Fine looking collection of trophies my friend. And a 183-yarder for Alex... That's phenomenal shooting for a 7-year-old.

Posts: 636 | Location: The Hills | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That trip just cost you all a couple of college educations with the new hunting addict. I know it cost me that much at least.
Great story....

Posts: 10376 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It truly does nor get better than that!!!

Congratulations to a wonderful family safari, you will all never be the same! clap

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic trip report, and can't applaude Bwana Alex enough for the composure to take game at that age. You have a partner for life!

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
What a great family adventure. You've built memories that your entire family will treasure forever. Great report!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hate to tell you that you have ruined that boy.

What a great trip and report.
My daughter was 13 on her first trip at 21 she still talks about it.

CONGRADS!!!!

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure you had the time of your life...

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of Nevada Wapati
posted Hide Post
What a wonderful experience for your family and espicially Alex. I'm sure you and your wife were more excited with Alex's trophies than your own hunts.
I have also hunted with Nic at Omujeve and enjoyed it tremendously. Nic met my son in in Reno and they hit it off. It looks I'm taking him in 2012 when he's 12 years old.
If I know Nic, he was giving Alex encouragement to brag about his Springbuck being bigger than his dad's.

Posts: 402 | Location: Carson City | Registered: 17 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks for a great story and great pictures

One of Us
posted Hide Post
KPete,

It was great having you and your Family with us!!! Welcome to the Omujeve Family and we hope Alexander will remember this Safari for the rest of his life and that he will always be greatfull to his WONDERFULL parents for spoiling him with such a great gift...
THE KRUGER FAMILY