New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lever guns in south africa
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone used a Lever action in SA? I was planning to take a BLR. Every thing I have read is no auto or semi auto or military arms then I read over on African hunting Levers and pumps are not allowed. any advice would be appriciated.

When there's lead in the air, there's hope!!!!

Posts: 424 | Location: Ticonderoga NY | Registered: 19 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't imagine that you will have any problems, a couple of my mates own and hunt with lever actions. Semi autos can be legally owned but is illegal to hunt with in SA.

Posts: 403 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wife used my Browning BLR 7/08 in Namibia 2000. Her gemsbok mounted next to mine. Worked great.
Better tomorrows!

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thats the exact gun I'm wanting to take.

Posts: 424 | Location: Ticonderoga NY | Registered: 19 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
No problem bringing a levergun into SA.

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I took two takedown BLRs to South Africa ( Eastern Cape)last summer, a .308 & a .375 Ruger (rebarrelled from .300 Win. mag). My wife & I had no problems @customs. Have a good hunt!

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Many hunters have and use lever actions in SA ,among them Dannie van Graan .You must remember him because a leopard inccident with one of his guides .He uses a marlin 4570 for almost everything .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That great because its all ready to go. Good load with partions. got my 4457 less then 90 days can't wait