THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Kanzutu - A new Zambia hunting opportunity.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kanzutu - A new Zambia hunting opportunity.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted

Kanzuntu is a new project that is almost identical in structure to the Royal Kafue model and hence I have been very interested in it's development and have been helping out with advice etc. I hope to hunt there one day and will be looking for some adventurous fellows to accompany me.

It is communal land, unfenced and can boast some 33,000 hectares of pristine Luangwa habitat.

The initiative is to preserve this piece of land for future generations through sustainable resource management.

Kanzutu lacks Luangwa river front and is named after a perennial river. It is between Sandwe and Lower Lupande concessions and shares a western boundary with the Park. It has never been commercially hunted and the operator is cutting in the first roads. The terrain varies from large mountain ranges to the valley floor incorporating open savanna, thickets and giant stands of wild bamboo.

The Camp will be classic tented with a central dining area. Accommodation will be East African styled with all the necessary amenities on hand.

Hunting will be traditional walk and stalk with fly camping if need be.

For me this is a very exciting development and it is not often one gets the opportunity to explore and hunt new grounds. The priority species at the moment will be Roan, Buff, Kudu and Bushbuck. Possibly elephant and cats if they come back on board this year.

Good on the community and the operator for getting this off the ground. I hope to work with Kanzutu in the near future and look forward to some classic big game hunting.

Note there are no concession fees to be paid here but the operator/PH is looking to attach an affordable community fee or surcharge onto the daily rates.

The operator will no doubt introduce himself on AR.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good to hear Andrew. I have a NP/GMA map circa 1985 and see what you are talking about.
A triangular shaped piece of ground with a point that touches SLNP.

What is the status of the game there now?

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari2:
Good to hear Andrew. I have a NP/GMA map circa 1985 and see what you are talking about.
A triangular shaped piece of ground with a point that touches SLNP.

What is the status of the game there now?

All reports that it is good and will improve with time. There is quite a bit of game movement from the Park and neighboring GMA's. Sort of area where some big buff and cats will be lurking.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it is Rasheed Rancine, it will be a cluster for sure.

Posts: 10364 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Andrew, here is a GMA map that was active in/around 2005:

The area of land between #33 (LL) & #37 (Sandwe)?

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andrew,

Thanks for introducing Kanzutu as writing is not my forte..

I'm from Botswana and have been licensed Professionally in Botswana and Tanzania since 2000. After an apprenticeship with Danny McCallum Safaris in Tanzania and Blackbeard and Hepburn in Botswana.
I've hunted these countries full-time ever since. April-June in Botswana and July-December in Tanzania.

Botswana

Blackbeard & Hepburn
Butler & Holbrow
Bird Safaris (Mark Kyriacuo)
Johan Calitz

Tanzania

Danny McCallum Safaris
Robin Hurt Safaris
Luke Samaras Safaris
Tanzania Big Game Safaris

I came to Zambia at the end of 2011 at the insistence of my life long friend to start up something here.
This is how we discovered Kanzutu.

It's taken us two and half years to get all the paperwork sorted out in the meantime we have had people on the ground doing anti-poaching and the place has recovered very satisfactorily. To the point where I feel confident in marketing hunts. The country is wild and quite rugged with good sources of permanent water and abundance of food. Species include Elephant, Buffalo, Lion, Leopard, Roan, Kudu, Zebra, warthog, bushpig, bushbuck, impala (few), duiker and klipspringer.

We will start putting in more roads as soon as the rain starts to dissipate. I think the potential to get some really good trophies will be high. The plan is start hunting in the second part of June. This is the best time for cats and offers good buffalo hunting. Later in the year is generally the better for buffalo and elephant (may manage to get one on quota) . I will try post a few pictures from a trail cam I left at a spring for one night.

Leon Kachelhoffer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill C

Thanks, Kanzutu is that wedge of land between 33 and 37.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does this company have anything to do with dogcats Rasheed?????

Posts: 625 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AR MAN:
Does this company have anything to do with dogcats Rasheed?????

No and the project is headed by a renowned PH. See above.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andrew the map posted is a bit different than the 1985 one I have. Where is your area located? My map compared to this one shows 2 Kafue GMAs that appear to have been degazettd. They are Namwala ( now in tan below Mumbwa) and Kaluanyembe ( gone altogether) that lies below Lunga Luswishi. I am guessing your area as well as Musingashi lies in one of these former GMAs?

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with Leon several times in Tanzania and I hope to hunt Zambia again. Get it going turbo and I know it will be first rate

Posts: 1396 | Registered: 24 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks promising, indeed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fairgame - thanks for clearing dogcats concerns as well as others regarding the ph, moving forward in a very positive light and to not be tainted by other unscrupulous individuals!

Wow, you weren't kidding about some good hunting in Zambia.

Go Zambia!!

Posts: 625 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
I too hunted with Leon in the Selous when he was with Luke Samaras. He is as good as they get and as good as his word.
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=485100447#485100447
I'll have to see if I can convince the fair Randi that it is time to hunt Zambia.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

The idea behind Kanzutu is to develop a sustainable and quality hunting destination.

To those that know me and have hunted with me thank you for the compliments and I hope to have you out here soon. GerryB be sure that we still have a date to pursue the Zambian Simba, when it opens.
Leon

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari2:
Andrew the map posted is a bit different than the 1985 one I have. Where is your area located? My map compared to this one shows 2 Kafue GMAs that appear to have been degazettd. They are Namwala ( now in tan below Mumbwa) and Kaluanyembe ( gone altogether) that lies below Lunga Luswishi. I am guessing your area as well as Musingashi lies in one of these former GMAs?

I am upstream from Mushingashi.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
That's great! Pretty close to my old stomping grounds, the Upper and lower Lupande concessions!

I'd like to live long enough hunt that new area! Just day dreaming though!
....................................................................... CRYBABY

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
To be clear, this is for 2015? Or '16?

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bwanamrm,

We are taking bookings for this season. I'm waiting for the approved quota. I was informed that Our proposed quota would be granted which, would be great also cats (especially Leopard) have a good chance of coming online. This would be very exciting as there are some brutes walking around and some spectacular new country to hunt!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is awesome - congratulations!

We need top-notch destinations and operators to continue doing what we all love.

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good to hear from you Leon. I will send you a PM.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its the hunters support that make these great projects and make them possible. Watch this space.. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A few miscellaneous scenic pictures of Kanzutu Reserve. Please note that I've not spent the necessary time to go round photographing game and such. Instead I've focused efforts on more pressing issues of management and community relations. There is plenty sign and thats all one needs to really know to that there is indeed game.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I put two cameras up at this drying spring for a short while. However most of the game had switched to drinking at a nearby stream.

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Beautiful county, makes my eyes water.

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I think, it's great that Zambian politicians finally reopened for hunting and good for you guys in Zambia to make it happen.
African hunting needed after Botswana closed.
Good luck everyone involved.
If USFWA ever pull their heads out of their asses and allows import of ivory from Zambia, I'd consider it.

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Such good news, best of luck and may this be the beginning of a long and successful operation for all involved. A true good news story

Posts: 394 | Location: Africa | Registered: 25 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill C,

When I look at the pictures I want to just close my office, get in my truck a bugger off to go and explore the country! Alas I'll have to wait for one you to join me.
Thanks for all the words of support on here, makes it worthwhile.
Regards
Leon

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have received quota now and will be putting up an offer shortly in the appropriate section.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done on your quota. Hope you get some stuff sold and killed.

Thor Kirchner
Munyamadzi Game Ranch
+260 978157643
P.O. Box 570049
Nyimba, Zambia
www.thorwildlifesafaris.com
munyamadzi@live.com

Posts: 315 | Location: Luangwa, Zambia | Registered: 04 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mate! If you have a surplus send them over!