New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting Baboons With Hadza
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 67394 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And then the "Bleeding Hearts/Save the World" NGO's come along and wipe out another tribe, the last of the hunter-gatherers. clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
And then the "Bleeding Hearts/Save the World" NGO's come along and wipe out another tribe, the last of the hunter-gatherers. clap

Ahh yes, the bleeding hearts need to save these Africans that don't even know they need saving. I always enjoy asking those people what 50 years of NGO's have done for Africa...

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 893 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Saeed. Intersting. Had not heard of these people. Would like to know more about them.

I guess they eat the bloody bobos? Think I'll have to pass on a dinner invitation.

Posts: 10127 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
The tribe has lived the same way, unencumbered by the outside world, for 10,000 years

Unencumbered by the outside world hey...their wearing cotton shorts and belts. Roll Eyes Big Grin

Would be interesting to see them in action. I loved watching the trackers last year do their thing.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7996 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
I always wanted to visit the Yieda valley. Backing onto Maswa east should hold some game?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I do not know how people can make claims that these are the last hunter gatherers etc.

There are pockets around the world where there are tribes that still live in such isolation. The Andaman Islands of India have several such tribes in the mall Islands that are not on the census list. One woman is the lat survivor of her tribe. New Guinea has such isolated tribe and o does the Amazon.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11020 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do not know how people can make claims that these are the last hunter gatherers etc.

This particular thread is centered on the Hadza tribe of Tanzania - no mention made of any Amazonian, Papuan or Indian tribe.

The only other hunter-gatherers of Tanzania, the Ndorobo are almost no more as they and their Maasai cousins are all riding Yamaha trail bikes and sporting the latest mobile phones. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Oh hell, I thought they were talking about the baboons disappearing.

Damn

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fujo is right. Chinese.

Poaching? Chinese

Organized crime in Africa? Chinese

Smuggling? Chinese

Everything that is bad in Africa? Maybe only about 90% Chinese.

Posts: 10127 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only good thing about the Chinese is (possibly) their cuisine and even then one never really knows from which meat their "beef" dishes are made.
The usual tell-tale sign is when one gets the urge to cock a leg at every tree, lamp post and tyres of parked cars. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Ej
posted Hide Post
or the chicken dishes have you purring like a kitten Smiler

Africa Bug " Embrace the bite , live for adventure "
EJ Carter 2011

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never liked Chinese food myself.