THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: DON'T go hunting without one of these!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: DON'T go hunting without one of these!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
John haven't read thru all the posts,but have they solved the problem with burns? Seems to be only bug -a-boo,some thing to do with too much water on the wound?

How large a pack is it?Is there one that would say fit on a Sam Browne Belt?

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The heat issue is inherent in the properties of the substance. Having wiped and blotted a lot of blood off of a lot of trauma wounds since I started as an Army medic in 1974 (fuck me in the heart, I've been doing this shit for 30 years!), it ain't that hard to do.
Once the bleeding stops, which it does very quickly, there is no more heat production. There are other pro-coagulant products out there that don't produce heat, BUT , they cost many hundreds of dollars each, and are only for use by, or under the supervision of licensed medical providers. They also don't work nearly as well as Quick Clot. This stuff is for when you are bleeding like a stuck pig, and aren't a few minutes from an emergency medical facility.
The packet of Quick Clot itself measures 5" by 7" by 1/2".
The Tac-Ord pouch measures 2 1/2" deep by 5" wide by 8" tall. It has straps so you can put it on a web belt. The pouch is MOLLE compatible, and will fit inside a cargo pocket on a pair of BDU pants.
The latest iteration of the kit, which is being packed now, also has a pair of sterile, non-latex gloves.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CFA
posted Hide Post
ALF

What do you think about this products use for accidents in the bush, lacerations, gorings etc.?

CFA

Posts: 465 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 15 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CFA
posted Hide Post
JCN

Thanks for all of your information, sounds like I need to get a pouch. Let me know if you will be bringing some to Reno. Hopefully I will be off Plavix before I go back but I don't plan on it stopping me from going. No I certainly don't plan on wrestling with a leopard but the leopard might have other ideas. Again thanks for posting.

CFA

Posts: 465 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 15 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post