THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Tanzania Opens Doors to Game Ranching

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tanzania Opens Doors to Game Ranching
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The Tanzania Wildlife Authorities have amended the Wildlife Conservation Act to include Game Management and the legal sale of processed game meat.

The Regulations & Preliminary Provisions have been drafted and are now subject to ratification by Parliament.

It would seem therefore that the TZ Govt. is leaning more towards and has embraced the idea of controlled game ranching as a measure to curb poaching and to benefit more from its wildlife than before.

Here also cometh the beginning of fenced areas or is it the "end of the game"

Posts: 2035 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Neil-PH
posted Hide Post
Won't be private enterprise though..........Govt will need to be a shareholder, using the investors money !

Posts: 536 | Location: The Plains of Africa | Registered: 07 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neil-PH:
Won't be private enterprise though..........Govt will need to be a shareholder, using the investors money !

Nope - its on the open market as a business proposition without the Govt. being a stakeholder.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

I refuse to invest in anything the government is involved in!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

I refuse to invest in anything the government is involved in!

The Wildlife Conservation Act is the same set of regulations that governs the Tourist Hunting Industry.

The Govt. is not a stakeholder in the actual business.

One of Us
Picture of Neil-PH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:

Nope - its on the open market as a business proposition without the Govt. being a stakeholder.

Call me out on this one, but with elections coming up they will do anything to alleviate fear.......but time will tell and Africa tends not to surprise.

Posts: 536 | Location: The Plains of Africa | Registered: 07 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Call me out on this one, but with elections coming up they will do anything to alleviate fear.......but time will tell and Africa tends not to surprise.

Its got bugger all to do with elections as it has been on the table for a number of years.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I want to say "good for them", but I am not sure if it will be based on how poorly African governments, political situations and other enterprises work.

I hope it works out.

I seem to remember multiple attempts at this in West AFrica that were met with failure. I have high hopes, but am doubtful this will be a good situation.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know some will find the idea blasphemous but if this gets going it will attract many wanting the unique EA species but not willing to pay the price for a wild Masailand hunt.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
I know some will find the idea blasphemous but if this gets going it will attract many wanting the unique EA species but not willing to pay the price for a wild Masailand hunt.

Mark

Oh bloody hell!

And pretend to have been on a real, wild safari??

Put a fence up, and I do not care how big that fence is, and it stops being a wild hunting area for me.

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Open the door to ranching?

How about slam the door on Chinese and Vietnamese funded commercial poaching?

How about that?

For a change!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
Open the door to ranching?

How about slam the door on Chinese and Vietnamese funded commercial poaching?

How about that?

For a change!

Are you kidding?

Common sense decisions?

When are ever made by politicians, anywhere in the world?

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I am sure the trophy fee on the things I would be interested in (gerenuk, Kirk's Dik Dik, white bearded gnu, Masai Zebra, Topi, lesser kudu) would all be very expensive for along time.

But if it took off, and they really built a good business model like they did in South Africa, Botswana and Namibia it might eventually be something most could afford.

I have only hunted wilderness areas in North America, and never in Africa but it wouldn't bother me to shoot a species in a 10,000 plus acres sized game ranch in Tanzania.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, but I think this is an absolutely horrible development. Get rid of the Chinese and then the wildlife trade. Caronavirus has helped given that it apparently started with pangolin, but that's not enough. African governments need to realize that Chinese investment is not without strings and the price is simply too dear.

Posts: 10319 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://allafrica.com/stories/202004290766.html

Tanzania Offers Licences for Wildlife Breeders

29 APRIL 2020

The East African (Nairobi)

By Apolinari Tairo

Tanzania through the Ministry of Natural Resources is now offering licences to those looking to breed and keep wildlife in a bid to attract wildlife investors, including ranch operators and wildlife farms.

In a notice issued last week, Tanzania Wildlife Authority (Tawa) said individuals and other parties looking to keep wildlife can now apply for the wildlife breeding licence.

Tawa said the licence will be issued for parties looking to establish zoos, wildlife farms, breeding sites and ranches.

The Wildlife Authority is accepting applications over the next 45 days. It will also only be for breeding wildlife in the country and not for export. Tawa added that there will be no permits for live wildlife exporters.

Live export ban

Deputy Minister for Natural Resources and Tourism Constantine Kanyasu said that exports of live wildlife will be restricted to control poaching and cheating in wildlife and trophy dealers.

He said that the Ministry of Natural Resources is working to review the Wildlife Conservation Act 2009 in order to impose a total ban on the export of wild animals.

"The ban which has been in place for three years will not be lifted," he said.

Establishment of ranches and other wildlife farms would help reduce the increasing number of animals living in protected areas.

After the introduction of paramilitary anti-poaching operations, the number of wildlife in Tanzania has increased in protected national parks, conservation areas and open game reserves.

The Tanzania Wildlife Research Institute estimates that the country has about half of Africa's lion population, at between 14,000 to 16,000 lions in protected wildlife parks.

The number of hippos and crocodiles have also increased, endangering people and damaging farms.

The Ministry of Natural Resources is in the final stages of drafting regulation that would authorise wildlife conservation officers in auctioning of crocodiles and hippos living in rivers, lakes and dams near local communities.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9484 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Game ranches tend to be unfenced. Game farms are fenced.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The article states “Wildlife Farms” and “Wildlife Ranches”.

Posts: 731 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Don't worry. The Tanzanians will royally screw this up, too.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bloody Hell!!!

Posts: 10319 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is the same corrupt government that is busy extorting all the existing investors. I guess they ran out of victims or the victims ran out of money.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.thecitizen.co.tz/n...6-4p8rqsz/index.html

Tanzania banks on game meat butcheries for alternative income.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9484 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote