THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Zambezi Extreme DVD (Charlton McCallum)

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zambezi Extreme DVD (Charlton McCallum)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
Over the weekend I had a chance to watch the latest DVD from Buzz Charlton of Charlton McCallum Safaris, Zambezi Extreme. I really enjoyed it. It is divided into three main parts, Part I on croc and hippo hunting, Part II on problem animal control hunts and Part III on "extreme" hunting (hunting elephant, leopard and buffalo with bows, muzzleloaders and pistols). There is some great footage on the DVD. The croc and hippo segment is instructional in a similar way to the elephant hunting DVD Buzz did previously. The PAC segment is quite interesting. There is some footage of a recovery where there are literally hundreds of villagers trying to get meat. If there was ever any doubt that the meat is put to a useful purpose, this footage addresses that. The last segment features several fellow AR members on their hunts.

All in all, it is a very entertaining DVD and I was pleased to add it to my DVD collection. thumb

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MJines - How can we get this DVD?? Will they be available at Reno? Thanks.

Larry Sellers

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Buzz and Myles will have them at their booth. I bought mine from them at the Dallas show.

Mike

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I made it about 2/3 of the way through the DVD over the weekend and will finish up soon. I thought they did a very nice job on this one and have enjoyed it thus far.

I have not heard if they will offer it through their website or another vendor in time, although I would think they would do so.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Larry - Buzz is working on distribution per the previous DVD, should be finalized soon, but as Mike said they will have them at Reno/SCI.

I heard Buzz will even autograph the cover, just like those famous African book authors do! Wink Smiler

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They may not be available at Reno. Buzz is redoing the audio commentary on them this week and wanted to make some changes.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yukon delta:
They may not be available at Reno. Buzz is redoing the audio commentary on them this week and wanted to make some changes.

So mine is now a collector's item??? Wink

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kind of. I just talked to Buzz again. Ask him about his "extreme skiing" with Myles and tell him he needs to keep his day job. Eeker

He is going to offer to replace the DVDs to those who have them already and the new ones will not be available until after Reno unfortunately.

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I'd hate to have a tree get him after all the times he has stopped charges from elephants... Eeker

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, some of us leave a legacy and some of us just leave a divot! I just wish I would have been there to see it.

I think he might have looked something like this afterwards...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes the DVD is excellent. Buzz and Myles are great guys too and I will hunt with them by '09. That damned Buzz made off with my fresh glass of McCallum single malt thinking it belonged to Myles. Guess Buzz was taking the piss out of Myles by drinking his namesake scotch. Serves me right for being two fisted, having two drinks in front of me. I'll get him back real good in some camp soon.

Mike, you must've come up Sat/Sun as I was there Thur/Fri and missed you. You were well thought of though, by all, as we made it a part time job taking the piss out of "Mr Serious" as depicted in the pictures. Frowner dancing

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I was there Friday afternoon and Saturday until about 2:00. Sorry I missed you, maybe next time.

Mike

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Just spoke with Buzz, he wanted to stress that the mods being made to the master are minor and are just to aid in the transition from one hunt to the next towards the end of the DVD, and amount to less then 200 words (Buzz is such the perfectionist!).

This first cut will be available at Reno...and what I put my order in for.

one of us
posted Hide Post
That's good to hear that he can get it done in time for Reno. He wasn't sure it could get done that quick when we last talked.

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Bryan, the first batch will be what is at Reno.

one of us
Picture of WVFred
posted Hide Post
Is there anywhere you can buy this video online? I checked Safari press and Buzz's website.
Thanks

Fred

DRSS Member

Posts: 906 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill.

The videos will be available from Safari Press later but the release is at the shows. It's a brand new product and a lot of work to get done right after safari season.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yukon Delta

Is your elephant hunt on this new DVD Zambezi Extreme? Also, did you sell you 50 Alaskan?

Thanks
Mark

Posts: 367 | Location: Anchor Point, Alaska | Registered: 03 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Mark. Unfortunately, 2 or 3 scenes were cut in the end to keep the length from overflowing onto a 2nd DVD...a nice leopard scene, my hunt and another scene. My hunt was in very tall grass and there were enough alternatives to bump me. Oh well, the tall grass is part of what made my hunt so interesting to me.

The rifle is still available. PM me if interested. I'm going to sell a number of things to pay for another trip.