Find
Notify
Tools

African Hunter Magazine
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted
The new issue of African Hunter Magazine is out. There are many contributions from AR members in the magazine. Cal Pappas is a regular contributor. I also read an article by Tim Herald, Steve Shull wrote a great piece on Cam Greig, and Bwanajay, Bwanamrm, and Subsailor74 are all prominently featured.

It is one of the few magazines I enjoy. You can buy an electronic subscription through ITunes, just search "African Hunter Magazine".

And last but maybe not least I will give myself a shameless plug. The magazine printed my hunting report on my Congo trip in almost its entirety. It is a long article for a magazine but Ant worked with me and was able to feature it all in one edition. He even cleaned the pictures and a little of a my Cajun vocabulary. This is the first article I have submitted to a magazine and I am a little excited about it being printed.

I still think about Cam quite often.

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Mike!

I'm super happy your article made it. It is a testimonial to your hunt ethic and dedication.

tu2

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3523 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Mike. Awaiting my copy to be delivered. African Hunting Gazette had a nice article on Cam this month, also.

Posts: 1447 | Location: New England | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Well done Mike. Look forward to reading your article!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7557 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
AH is the best there is. Too bad more don't advertise to make the magazine grow. I will look forward to my copy of the latest issue.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Mike!

Can't wait to share this story with my hunting buddies.

Well done.

Posts: 2623 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats Mike! Thanks for the heads up.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
tu2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37728 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I encourage everyone to read Mike's article if you get a chance. He has a way of writing where the sincerity and honesty in his words are apparent. But more importantly this was a true adventure . . . I am confident I do not have the mettle to do such a hunt . . . and an experience not many hunters today have replicated. Well done Mike. tu2

Mike

Posts: 21662 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanajay:
Congrats Mike! Thanks for the heads up.

Jay it was actually a bit more of a warning than a heads up, there is a dugga boy or two in that issue that is sort of frightening.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Can't wait for mine to show up! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wish mine would show up. I haven't seen one in months

Chuck

Posts: 359 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Well Done Mike!! Cam was a great friend to all...

I just received a message from Ant Williams about my subscription...there have been some problems with their system and a gap in some subscriptions without notice of renewals....including mine!!

I renewed again on line and hope this issue will make it my way soon...

I will forward this link to brother Brian as well....they are still operating Bombazi Wilderness Safaris on the East Cape SA in the absence of Cam. I call this The Green Hills of Africa....and is just teaming with game!!My wife and I may add a month to our next trip and just suck in the beauty of this estate....on Quads....where the game has no fear of your presence and will actually shadow you as you traverse a hillside...there is still a 50 plus East Cape KUDU there that just stood and looked at us as Cam and I drove in from the airport...with my guns still enroute!!

Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2666 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would like to subscribe but it is ridiculously expensive to get it in Canada when you consider the cost of postage and the exchange rate.I don't want the online version.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frowner
Waiting on mine as well...

Posts: 610 | Location: NC | Registered: 17 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm still waiting. Did any ever arrive? I haven't seen one in a year or so and emails to the magazine go unanswered.

Chuck

Posts: 359 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeBurke:

It is one of the few magazines I enjoy. You can buy an electronic subscription through ITunes, just search "African Hunter Magazine"

I just went to iTunes and searched African Hunter Magazine. It came up blank.

I have enjoyed African Hunter. I have had an article in it about myself at one time. I've been a subscriber multiple times in the past. The problem with African Hunter is that they don't let you know when your subscription is expiring. And they don't have an automatic renewal message.

I finally just gave up on them.

With that in mind I'd like to get an electronic subscription. So tell me what I'm doing wrong in iTunes? It doesn't come up in iBooks either.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am also in the current AHG page 80 "Hunting with Dirk"

quote:
Originally posted by FFemtRN5287:
Congratulations, Mike. Awaiting my copy to be delivered. African Hunting Gazette had a nice article on Cam this month, also.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1616 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Mike.

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13001 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

With that in mind I'd like to get an electronic subscription. So tell me what I'm doing wrong in iTunes? It doesn't come up in iBooks either.

It's sold as an app, not a book or a song. Search for it in the app store on your phone or tablet.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/ap...ter/id864783900?mt=8

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Chuck,
I am having problems as well, also African Hunting Gazette and my STOL Aircraft magazines. Wondering if someone is intercepting them that is either anti- or likes them in USPS??

Here is contact to Ant Williams, the publisher. He is very helpful and will answer your messages-
"Anthony Williams Af. Hunter"<ant@mag-set.com>

They did have some issues with their subscription system. Mine was not renewed even though I had called them with CC# and paid..still hasn't come through?? Ant is sending copies in addition to subscription to catch up.

Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2666 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sandyhunter:
quote:

It's sold as an app, not a book or a song. Search for it in the app store on your phone or tablet.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/ap...ter/id864783900?mt=8

Thanks I'll go get it.

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Surestrike-
You can go directly to Ant Williams, see my last contact post. They have an electronic subscription and it may be less than an App?
Apparently an article that I penned and sent other supporting articles re Cam Greig was in the last issue....I have not seen that yet..either subscription mailing or direct mailing!!

Here is Publisher's contact again-
"Anthony Williams Af. Hunter"<ant@mag-set.com>

Cheers,

470EDDY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And likewise thanks. I know I have at least one issue pending before I need to renew. I do love the hard copy. I was excited to hear a new one was out at the beginning of winter, but no joy.

I hope no one is intercepting mail - I guess it wouldn't shock me.

And congratulation on getting published. Many of us do hunts that are worth describing. But to actually sit down and describe in acceptable form is really something!

I will email Ant again and see where we get.

Chuck

One of Us
Picture of #1 of 13
posted Hide Post
Look for the "Magzter" magazine app, it has the African Hunter Magazine plus many others. I have given up on the paper edition, have never received one and just gone to the electronic editions.

ZIMBABWE 2016
ZIMBABWE 2017
Zimbabwe 2019

Posts: 172 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 22 May 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Got it
29.99 that's awesome
Thanks gentlemen

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done Mike!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
To subcribe to the hard copy African Hunting Gazette in the US call 406-988-0725 That is AHG/African Oasis based in Montana and may also work for Canadian subcribers.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1616 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, now I know a famous African hunter!!!

Posts: 20156 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeBurke:
The new issue of African Hunter Magazine is out. There are many contributions from AR members in the magazine. Cal Pappas is a regular contributor. I also read an article by Tim Herald, Steve Shull wrote a great piece on Cam Greig, and Bwanajay, Bwanamrm, and Subsailor74 are all prominently featured.

It is one of the few magazines I enjoy. You can buy an electronic subscription through ITunes, just search "African Hunter Magazine".

And last but maybe not least I will give myself a shameless plug. The magazine printed my hunting report on my Congo trip in almost its entirety. It is a long article for a magazine but Ant worked with me and was able to feature it all in one edition. He even cleaned the pictures and a little of a my Cajun vocabulary. This is the first article I have submitted to a magazine and I am a little excited about it being printed.

I still think about Cam quite often.

Shame less! I loved it great piece

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Good Morning AR.

In an effort to better monitor and respond to enquires posted on this esteemed forum, and in the event I am not able to visit the site regularly myself, we have created a profile for the African Hunter Magazine. It allows us, as an organisation, to respond even when I am unable.

In the main, such replies will be coming from Renée, who is our Chief Operations Officer, web designer and system programmer, among other talents - she makes a mean cup of coffee too! If Renée is not able, then one of our other agents will be able to assist through this forum.

Feel free to chat with her.

Ant Williams
Editor-In-Chief

African Hunter Magazine African Fisherman Magazine African Adventurer MagazineAdventure Travel Club

View our Website

Posts: 3 | Location: Africa | Registered: 15 March 2017Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Good morning, I'd like to assist a few of our subscribers as we understand some magazines have not been received.

Use Enough Gun, please would you PM me your customer detail so that I can check the status of your subscription?

Dr_Dog_Guy, Chuck we have checked your subscription status and sent an email through to the address we have on file for you. Please would you let me know if you have received our mail?

470Eddy, I see Ant is emailing you.

ftg767, please would you let me know if you still haven't received your magazine and your customer detail by PM so that I can check the status of your subscription?

surestrike, please find the Apple app of The African Hunter Magazine here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id864783900 Please PM me if I can be of further assistance?

If you have an enquiry, please feel free to PM me or email us on africanhunter@mag-set.com. I have noticed that spam filters pick up our email addresses if our address is not in your address book. We also have a whatsapp number and I am on it most of the time - except when I'm sleeping Smiler +263776745596

My warm regards,
Renée

African Hunter Magazine African Fisherman Magazine African Adventurer MagazineAdventure Travel Club

View our Website

Posts: 3 | Location: Africa | Registered: 15 March 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As you can guess from the post above mine, I used the email address for Ant that you suggested yesterday. Waiting for me this morning was a very nice reply from Renee (Renée | African Hunter Magazine <coo@mag-set.com>Wink telling me that 3 renewal notices had been sent to an email address with a typo. She also stated "Please would you let me know if you have not received an issue in your subscription and we will replace it accordingly. We would love to renew your magazine subscription – this can be done at: www.africanhunteronline.com/subscriberenew or we can telephone you and complete this securely online. Alternatively, if you would like to subscribe to the online magazine, please find three options below depending on your device...."

So, contact was successfully made, and I expect to resume receiving the magazine (and reading our AR writers stories).

Thank you Ant and Renee

Chuck

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also got an email from Ant this morning about my subscription.

Posts: 610 | Location: NC | Registered: 17 November 2007Reply With Quote