New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who do you use at Gracy travel
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was told that Steve isnt booking at Gracy anymore so who do you use?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am using Meliza (Melissa) she has been great.

Posts: 279 | Location: Cypress, TX | Registered: 20 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used Shawn for more than ten years and have had perfect trips every time even when there were screw ups om my side as well as the airline.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
I've used Shawn twice as well and everything has been handled perfectly. She books your flights, of course, but also arranges your visas in a timely fashion, notifies the airline that you'll be carrying guns, and gets you the paperwork for transit through Amsterdam.
She's good, but no doubt everyone there has been well trained on these matters.

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
Shawn as well.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Greensboro, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
+1 for Shawn here, too.

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CARLOSTHEJACKAL
posted Hide Post
Ditto on Shawn

NRA Life Member
DSC Life Member

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
Ronald Reagan

Posts: 486 | Location: SE TEXAS | Registered: 26 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another for Shawn.

Posts: 195 | Location: Bremerton, WA | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Susan Hill does all of my adventure travel...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7557 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used Shawn.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had pretty good luck with Doug Gray there.

He also changed our whole return itinerary with no notice during a 6 minute Sat phone call from Victoria Falls to Texas. Good service that!

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Susan Hill did a great job for us this past spring. Got us a great special rate business class to Jo-Berg.

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gerry,

I use Shawn and recommend her to my clients.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13001 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I have used Shawn for 7 trips. I have also relied upon Annelise Rohde (who is from Southern Africa herself)when Shawn was not available to assist me. Both have been outstanding and they take care of every detail for you.

One of Us
Picture of Jriley
posted Hide Post
Another for Shawn thumb

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I to was told at the Gracy booth that Steve Turner was not doing the bookings anymore. I had used Steve for at least 6 of my African hunts with nothing but good results. As soon as I heard the news went straight to Judy Noth at Tatum International Travel and worked out the details for my May 08 Namibia hunt. Judy worked my first hunt for me way back when and it was good to get back with someone anxious and willing to help out. She finalized everything for my trip in less than 15 minutes on Monday and the check is in the mail. I really didn't want to try a "new experience" at Gracy, so made the move back to Tatum. Glad I did!!

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Doyle Hufstedler
posted Hide Post
I used Shawn for Africa and recommend her, as a courtesy she booked a recent trip to Italy for us best price and a workable itinerary.

"He must go -- go -- go away from here!
On the other side the world he's overdue.
'Send your road is clear before you when the old Spring-fret comes o'er you,
And the Red Gods call for you!"
Rudyard Kipling - 1887 - The Feet Of The Young Men

One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
i use several travel agents depending on clients needs , but at gracy , melanie brown has always done a great job for us ... she booked a lot of travel for me last year for various clients and has several in hand for me right now ... pleasant to deal with and quick to help sort out screw ups ( none of which were her fault).

gracy is a good agency and i think you will find that their agents have to be top notch as a team ...

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also used Shawn and had absolutely no difficulties.

Great Lady.

Posts: 10963 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another for Shawn. ++++

Posts: 61 | Location: OH | Registered: 16 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I really think all of the folks at Gracy Travel are great. They all work hard for you.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DC Roxby
posted Hide Post
I was using Steve to book our flights to Namibia this May. Always seemed da little difficult to get a response from him. Got an e-mail from Annelise Rohde and she has taken over our file now.

I don't shoot elk at 600 yards for the same reasons I don't shoot ducks on the water, or turkeys from their roosts. If this confuses you then you're not welcome in my hunting camp.

Posts: 566 | Location: Ouray, CO | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response.