New
Find
Notify
Tools

SCI / Out of Africa
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know the status of the SCI ethics investigation of Out of Africa Safaris for (allegedly Wink ) poaching in Zimbabwe?

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
500grains

damn good question!
so far the ethics committe has not publicly commented on the investigation. If you question their spokes person (in DC office) about it--they give the same old response of "it's still under investigation".

their silence is quite the statement in itself--don't you think? bewildered

PHASA has scheduled hearings to deal with Dawie Groenewald sometime in February

An article in African Indaba newsletter briefly mentions the termoil surrounding the investigations --read it at http://www.africanindaba.co.za/Newsletter/21.htm
SCI needs to deal with this issue quickly before they get dragged into the legal mud coming soon. moon

nothin sweeter than the smell of fresh blood on your hunting boots

Posts: 746 | Location: don't know--Lost my GPS | Registered: 10 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by quickshot:

their silence is quite the statement in itself--don't you think? bewildered

I think SCI likes the checks that OOA sends. There was an OOA ad in the most recent safari newspaper that I received from SCI. And I am sure OOA paid a pretty high price for premier booth space at the convention.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You got that right!

it always boils down to the money

Do you think SCI is selling its soul for a few coins? Wink

nothin sweeter than the smell of fresh blood on your hunting boots

Posts: 746 | Location: don't know--Lost my GPS | Registered: 10 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They have booths at the convention.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote