Notify
Tools

Am I the only one bothered by this?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Rich,

Worldwide... but part of the point of the piece is that it's written by an Englishman........

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Shakari:

If you self-publish something, you have the right to use British English or American English, depending upon your preference. Americans who might buy your product will realize your English has been contaminated after years of driving on the left of the road Smiler and be OK with it.

Most U.S. publishers of our genre (there is at least one exception) would change the spelling to follow their established stylebooks, which means American English.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill. I guess if there was a lot of criticism, one could even offer it in a choice of either version.

Hey, I appreciate you guys drive on the right side of the road but we drive in the correct side. rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve: The author could have the book published in both forms of English. It would be no different than having a book printed in another language, and then sold to the respected demographic in the language that best suits them.

FOr Americans, American English or for peeps in the UK, British English.

Posts: 636 | Location: The Hills | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. That might be the answer. Wink