New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alan Shearing Is Back !!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It is now official; Alan Shearing is returning to work as a PH.
For all those who have hunted with him before and all those who haven’t had the pleasure yet this is great news.
Alan tried his hand at working on a gold mine for a while, but his love of hunting has proven too strong and he will be back again as from next season.
He is without doubt one of the top Zim PHs as well as being a real gentleman and great company. Some of you will remember the posts here last year when he was gored by a buffalo while protecting his client.
Al is a member on AR and anyone interested in booking him should contact him direct by PM or via CM Safaris. I am sure that those of us who have hunted with him are all glad to see him back and wish him all the best for the future.

Posts: 559 | Location: UK | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is wonderful news. I have never had the pleasure of meeting him, but have heard enough about him to feel almost like I know him.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Great news! beer

It will come as no surprise to his fellow Zim PH's I suspect, who gave him "a year"! I think it is a way of life that is darn near impossible to walk away from.

Cheers Alan!

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is great news!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Great to hear that he has not only recovered physically but also psychologically - which is usually the bigger challenge. His wife was very gracious to acknowledge our support during the recovery after the buffalo accident.

Go you good thing!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11210 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to Alan. I look forward to meeting him in June.

Mike

Posts: 21684 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are very happy to have Alan back with us.I personally feel he is certainly amongst the best PHs in Zim . He already has quite a full season booked!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wonderful news. Welcome back Al.

Jeremy Rieger

Posts: 150 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 30 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is Mark Bristow going to sell his cruiser and rifle back to Alan??

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I knew he wouldn't last in the mines. Welcome back to the sunshine!

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I'm very glad to hear this.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
That is terrific news! I never got to hunt with Alan, but shared a few camp fires with him and both he and his wife seem like wonderful people.

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2507 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is just fantastic! I knew he couldn't stay away. PH's have the most virulent strain of the DG hunting fever.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
BOOM

Thank you to you all for such a wonderful response to my imminent return to the land of sunshine and heavy calibre weapons!

I am already getting very excited and no, l am not buying my cruiser and .458 back from Mark Bristow (ha ha). He is coming on a hunt with me to get some experience so maybe l can liberate the cruiser!! Ha ha - just kidding. I have found a great replacement cruiser and have my trusty .416 ready to start hunting again. More importantly l got the vital green light from Rosy!

Thank you again for all your support and l look forward to seeing you all out in the field.

Very best wishes
Alan

Thank you again for all the

Posts: 21 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 03 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
beer

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
Welcome back Leonardo !!!!

dancing dancing dancing

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 932 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Alan:

When we met last March for a drink in the Bulawayo Club, I suspected you had your fingers crossed when you told me about hanging up the PH life and going into mining.

I'm happy for you and glad that your wife and family support your decision. It's a tough life in the bush, but it is in your blood and you need to be there!

Good wishes until we get to hunt together.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Welcome back to your love.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote