THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Off to Zambia (We're Back, Full Report Posted in Hunting Reports)

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Off to Zambia (We're Back, Full Report Posted in Hunting Reports)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
We're leaving for Zambia this afternoon to hunt buff with DuPlooy's outfit. We're hunting with Alister and Abie. I'll check in when we return. Wink

Andy

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Good luck Andy. Your going to have a great time. Tell Alister and the crew hello from Pam and Scott.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck, have a great hunt and a safe journey.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Andy,

Have a great hunt and enjoy every minute of it...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Good luck and have fun!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck! What is on the menu?

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Your in for a treat! Good luck, and drink an lemon squash for me!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. We're headed to the airport. We're hunting buff/hippo/croc and whatever smaller stuff we stumble upon. Big Grin.

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Good luck my friend! Save one of those spent 450 brass for me! jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana Nderobo
posted Hide Post
Best of luck and please post a report!! Im going in 2010, and cant wait!

Phil Massaro
President, Massaro Ballistic Laboratories, LLC
NRA Life Member
B&C Member
www.mblammo.com

Hunt Reports- Zambia 2011
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1481089261

"Two kinds of people in this world, those of us with loaded guns, and those of us who dig. You dig."

Posts: 441 | Location: New Baltimore, NY | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adrook:
Thanks guys. We're headed to the airport. We're hunting buff/hippo/croc and whatever smaller stuff we stumble upon. Big Grin.

adrook, if you can collect a PUKU while there! They don't live in many places in Africa, but are pleantiful in Zambia. The Luangwa River is crawling with both Croc, and hippo, and you chances of taking a real BUSTER of a Buffalo there as well!

Good hunting, and let us see some pictures when you get back! thumb Wish I was going with you! clap

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We will be anxiously awaiting a report.

h kittle

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Damn I'm jealous!!! Good hunting.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We arrived back in Atlanta this morning. We're exhausted from spending the past 24 hours on airplanes but had a fantastic time, it couldn't have been better.

I took a beautiful buffalo, a hippo, and very nice puku and bushbuck. We had a blast with Alister and Abie, they are the best. Johnny's operation is first rate in every respect.

We also ran into one of the new owners of North Fork Bullets and the good news is that they will be available again in the near future (we used TSXs).

I will post a full report with pics once I get unpacked and recover from from the travel.

Cheers,
Andy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome back. Looking forward to the report and pictures, please do not take too long I need another Africa fix since I did not get to go this year. Wink

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome back!

Green with Envy!

You can post pics already!

Aaron

Posts: 581 | Location: Cheney, KS or Africa Somewhere | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's a pic of my buff that I took with Alister. I'll post a full report in the next few days as I recover and get caught up. I had the time of my life with Alister and his Uncle Abie. Big Grin.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was with Alister for about three weeks early this month. we found 5 dugga bulls in the long kasense grass right near camp we never could get a shot we tried 10-12 times we were as close as 5 yards and could not see them.we tried climbing trees ant mounds and whatever else we could. Looks like the same grass as where we were in your picture, is it those bulls?

Posts: 376 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 21 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chipolopolo:
I was with Alister for about three weeks early this month. we found 5 dugga bulls in the long kasense grass right near camp we never could get a shot we tried 10-12 times we were as close as 5 yards and could not see them.we tried climbing trees ant mounds and whatever else we could. Looks like the same grass as where we were in your picture, is it those bulls?

Yup, same group of bulls. There's a larger one than mine in that same group that Alister thought would go 43-44". My hunting partner was on a bull on the first day that had crossed over from the park that Abie said was at least 49". There are a lot of buffalo including some real monsters in the area. This past Wednesday, while looking for a warthog, we saw two herds that Alister thought to be at least 1,000 head in total.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great Job, You'll have to tell me the story. Abie's a riot eh, not even house broke. How does Lemick track in that stuff? wild huh

Posts: 376 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 21 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Andy....welcome back! Awesome stuff, huh? I knew you'd have a great time. Abie IS a hoot....he comes up with some sayings that cracked me up. VERY nice buff. Look forward to the full report.
Glad you all made it back safe.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Full report posted in Hunting Reports.