Find
Notify
Tools

TERRIBLE NEWS!!! :(
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted
We were supposed to be going to Namibia with Dirk Rohrmann of OkandukaSeibe this summer for 14 days from June 23 - July 8, 2007. But, something came up at my dad's business and we're having to postpone it until next summer. CRYBABY CRYBABY CRYBABY I don't know how I'm going to be able to wait another entire year! I was just really bummed out about it and needed to vent a little. Thank God for AR. One good thing is that we're probably going to extend it from 14 days to either 18 or 21 days and spend the first few days touring Etosha National Park. So, I guess it's not all bad. Another big plus is Dirk acquired a new privately owned concession that is 150,000 acres! It has all the normal stuff on it plus Sable, Waterbuck, Blue Wildebeest, Black Wildebeest, and White Blesbok so that should be a fun place to hunt as well and I believe we're going to end up hunting both properties.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3109 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is your time slot still open? If it is I might be able to find a hunter to fill it.

Robert Johnson

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Robert

I'm currently trying to work out the date situation with Miss Rita, Dirk is hunting in Zim right now. We're having a little trouble fitting our trip into their 2008 schedule right now. She's going to see if maybe someone who is booked for 2008 would like to push their trip up to 2007 and sort of "switch" dates with us. The reason it's a little difficult for us to fit it in their 2008 schedule is because I'm in college from late August until late May so we can really only go in June and July. Do you know any of the people that are booked for 2008, but might like to move their trip up to this year, freeing up a couple extra weeks in either June or July of 2008?

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3109 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know anybody that would trade dates. I am sure Dirk is fully booked for all of 07 and 08! I am sure I can find someone to go on your dates if you can not go.

Robert Johnson

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Uplandhunter
posted Hide Post
We talked to Dirk and Rita at Reno this year. They were very gracious and accomidating. They tried to book us in in 2008. They were completely booked for 2007 and 2008. We ended up booking with them for 2009.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair

http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 203 | Location: Northeast, Nebraska | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote