Find
Notify
Tools

They walk among us...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
Now why would anyone stop and get out of the car with this?

http://screen.yahoo.com/hungry...ks-car-28922796.html

~Ann

Posts: 19223 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Maybe the same folks that feed the bears in parks?

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brain dead disney crowd.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwana cecil:
Brain dead disney crowd.

Careful now, I am a card carrying annual pass holder of Disneyland, along with the Grand Kids. Big Grin

I wonder where it all went wrong? Founding members of the Kenya Safari Club included Conrad Hilton, Bob Hope, Clark Gable, John Wayne, Walt Disney , Joan Crawford, Lord Mountbatten and Sir Winston Churchill.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
I reckon there must have been a bit of action in the laundry before the sun went down. Roll Eyes Big Grin

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Africans walk around in the bush all the time ...

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Just pay attention to its speed and determination. Certainly a good candidate for a Nitro Express.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
They should have shot it from the car.

~Ann

Posts: 19223 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The heading is silly. It didn't eat the vehicle , he just smashed it !!
cuckoo Crazy tourists !

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder where it all went wrong? Founding members of the Kenya Safari Club included Conrad Hilton, Bob Hope, Clark Gable, John Wayne, Walt Disney , Joan Crawford, Lord Mountbatten and Sir Winston Churchill.

Probably nothing went wrong. Was Disney himself a hunter???? His inclusion in the group could simply have been an early idea of publicity.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i seem to remember see a picture of Disney with a double rifle and dressed for safari when i was a kid 50 odd yrs ago. i do believe he was a hunter. as where a lot of hollyweird types back in those days. before the place went totally brain dead and politically correct

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
I think in general most people have the perception that hippos are harmless, slow moving, fat, peaceful grass-eating animals and have no idea how wrong they are.

I also bet that given a chance 95% of Americans would get out of a car to get a closer look at a herd of elephant cows and calves because they are "cute". It would be way too late when they realized the true nature of elephants.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PS, most but not all wear pink skirts . That's why you're confused !

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
quote:

Probably nothing went wrong. Was Disney himself a hunter???? His inclusion in the group could simply have been an early idea of publicity.

Walt Disney was a hunter and hunted Africa quite a lot. I've seen pictures of his well filled trophy room. Disney didn't realize how big city know nothings would take his childern's movies the way they did.

He is probably is spinning in his grave because of what his films did to hunting!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mac. beer

I did some checking after I made my response, and even though I could not find anything about Disney's personal thoughts toward hunting, one thing I did observe is that the films like Bambi were produced by Disney, but at that time in our countries history no real thought was given to subliminal messages being presented on screen and in music.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Walt Disney was a hunter and hunted Africa quite a lot.

I do believe he was a member of the Mt Kenya Safari Club. I remember seeing some old stationery from there and his name was on it as a high-up member.

One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
To think it wasn't all that long ago that Hollywood types were proud to announce they were hunters, and wanted to hide that they were homosexual.

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hunt99
posted Hide Post
Caleb, that is spot on. I almost added that you said a mouthful but that would have been gross!

I hunt to live and live to hunt!

Posts: 299 | Location: Big Sky Country! | Registered: 19 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just a love tap. If he were angry or hungry, he would have been in the car quickly.

Posts: 10263 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote