THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Dereck and Beverly Joubert Celebrate end of hunting in botswana or end of wildlife?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dereck and Beverly Joubert Celebrate end of hunting in botswana or end of wildlife?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boerbokrib
posted
http://newswatch.nationalgeogr...hunting-in-botswana/

Dereck and Beverly Joubert have spent decades filming and working for the protection of Africa’s big cats. Today on the Facebook page for their film “The Last Lions,” Dereck posted the following words of support and celebration for the end of legal hunting in Botswana.

By Dereck Joubert

I’m in the bush, having been with a good leopard sighting today, but could not overlook the opportunity to say this: In three hours as the sun goes down today, we will have heard the last of the hunter’s gunshots over the plains of Botswana.

Today, safari hunting ends!! The end of an era of conservation by the gun, and the beginning of a new era for Africa, a more gentle caring one.

My congratulations to the government of Botswana, with deep gratitude from me, from all concerned citizens, and from the informed global community of people that are concerned about wildlife.

Posts: 291 | Location: Sourh Africa | Registered: 07 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ignorance is bliss.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
Amazing how people can be so stupid....I wonder how long it will be before plains game has all but disappeared in Botswana?

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
The end of an era of conservation by the gun, and the beginning of a new era for Africa, a more gentle caring one.

Hey Dereck & Beverly, welcome to the era of a "more gentle caring" Africa, enjoy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sheephunterab:
Amazing how people can be so stupid....I wonder how long it will be before plains game has all but disappeared in Botswana?

From what I saw last year, poaching will wipe everything out in short order.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted Hide Post
I have already taken the pledge to never cast my eye on a piece of film shot by the Joubert's.

We need a new T.V. reality show called: "Botswana, the POACHING wars" ( as poachers fight each other to 'out poach' the other). Now the slaughter begins.

Posts: 502 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can assure you the kinder gentler conservation is going full bore. Last August it was hard to sleep from all the poacher shots in Sankuyu. As we all know it is just nyama if it has no other value.

Joubtert leads the lack wits of Botswana leadership around by their pathetic noses. But I am sure no money is involved.

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
no shortage of kool-aid for the Jouberts.

Dutch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
quote:
The end of an era of conservation by the gun, and the beginning of a new era for Africa, a more gentle caring one.

Hey Dereck & Beverly, welcome to the era of a "more gentle caring" Africa, enjoy.

Good heavens, how horrible!!! 2020

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The Jouberts are only interested in lining their own pockets.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67042 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:
Originally posted by sheephunterab:

From what I saw last year, poaching will wipe everything out in short order.

Poaching an the explosion of the elephant population.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps we should gather our most horrendous poaching pictures and e mail them to the Jobert's.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry has it right, more pics, mailed to, and aimed at the Joberts on face book, social media. Send to them and it's simply deleted. TARGET THEM on social media and they face the court of public opinion, and the opening of eyes from some of their mis-informed supporters. Shine the light on them.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What can I say, banning hunting has worked so well in Kenya. Whoops, it seems it really hasn't, oh well, Sh*theads like these people never let facts get in the way of their agenda.

Posts: 231 | Location: Washington state | Registered: 03 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
We must remind him of that quote in a couple of years time.

If I was a Namibian or Zimbabwean I would be putting up some big baits on that border.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9875 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Someone needs to go into several of the areas right NOW and start filming game populations etc and then continue filming the declines over a year or two and then make a documentary on how the anti hunting inspired ban decimated the game populations and then get it on Nat Geo or similar.

Unfortunately, that'll never happen........

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
For the interim and just to keep record...maybe Saeed should add a Record of Poaching Forum for anyone to post pics in that they gather. Then for instance if the LCTF or other like minded group wanted to write something up for publication or print on how bad poaching is...we would have access to photo documentation gathered over years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36651 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
For the interim and just to keep record...maybe Saeed should add a Record of Poaching Forum for anyone to post pics in that they gather. Then for instance if the LCTF or other like minded group wanted to write something up for publication or print on how bad poaching is...we would have access to photo documentation gathered over years.

I will be very happy to add a dedicated forum for the collection of Poaching pictures.

In fact, I will set it up right now in the CONSERVATION sub heading.

Please collect and post all the poaching photos you can find on that forum.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67042 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is more than sickening...Damn barf
There will be NOTHING in just a few short years!!!

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Safari Classics is soon to be releasing our newest feature DVD titled " Sunset On Botswana." All of the past glory and future misery of thisland will be represented in this film. A conservation nightmare is now under way officially.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Fulson:
Safari Classics is soon to be releasing our newest feature DVD titled " Sunset On Botswana." All of the past glory and future misery of thisland will be represented in this film. A conservation nightmare is now under way officially.

Dam!!! How sad!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36651 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ignorance is bliss.

If ignorance is truly bliss, then these 2 must be ecstatic.
This whole thing is heartbreaking.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

I don't buy for a minute that the Jouberts in their heart of hearts are ignorant of what the closing of trophy hunting will mean. I would propose that they know what will happen but they have some really off the wall justification or as a lot of these jealots beleive trophy hunt is just wrong so no further discussion is necessary.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12877 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safaris Botswana Bound
posted Hide Post
This is outstanding , but please folks visit the facebookage page for the Jouberts and National Geographic article on hunting , please don't let this die a natural death

Posts: 473 | Location: Botswana | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is the last known email address to send your pictures of the future of lions in Botswana to the Jouberts wildfilm@earthlink.net
But they are also on the forums Lion Aid , and National Geographic

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ignorance is bliss.

That is the problem! They are a slick, slimey smooth, manipulative bitch and bastard. As long as they can horseshit dopey green dweebs into giving up their cash, they will carry on with no consideration as to the result of their actions.
The Blackbeards must wonder why they did not feed Khama to some scavenger instead of feeding and helping to bring up the SOB. Of course, bossboy has a big interest in happy snappy tourists. stir

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is what I posted on Dereck Jouberts facebook page today and on my facebook page :

Today we started the closure of our concession , after 16 years of conservation in practice , what was a desolate area with no wildlife , we transformed with the funding from hunters into a good wildlife area with lots of buffalo and elephant and the associated predators such as Lion and Leopard. Our presence deterred poaching , we did not have a single poaching incident in 16 years , whereas the Nat Park next door lost elephant and rhino and is having to be patrolled by the military now, our company was able to carry out this responsibility with the funds from hunting. From funds from hunting we installed 7 waterholes and with a strict hunting policy of no hunting into breeding herds and only taking old mature males passed breeding we were able to build our buffalo herds into the hundreds. The many people who supported us have witnessed the incredible transformation, sadly this is about to be reversed as hunting is being closed and without the funds to operate the waterholes they will be switched off and as the buffalo lions leopard warthogs kudu and other water dependent wildlife born in the area do not know of any other water source they will not survive the drought or the coming of the rains in three months. Yesterday I stood and watched 300 buffalo come down to one of our pumped pans while all around the bush was a desert, the first to die will be the calves , and I wondered if the anti hunters had any idea of the catastrophe about to happen throughout Botswana due to their emotional ignorance . Well done anti hunters you closed hunting in Botswana I hope you are proud of the fact you will kill more animals in three months than 16 years of hunting, and that's before the poachers move in.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safaris Botswana Bound:
This is what I posted on Dereck Jouberts facebook page today and on my facebook page :

Today we started the closure of our concession , after 16 years of conservation in practice , what was a desolate area with no wildlife , we transformed with the funding from hunters into a good wildlife area with lots of buffalo and elephant and the associated predators such as Lion and Leopard. Our presence deterred poaching , we did not have a single poaching incident in 16 years , whereas the Nat Park next door lost elephant and rhino and is having to be patrolled by the military now, our company was able to carry out this responsibility with the funds from hunting. From funds from hunting we installed 7 waterholes and with a strict hunting policy of no hunting into breeding herds and only taking old mature males passed breeding we were able to build our buffalo herds into the hundreds. The many people who supported us have witnessed the incredible transformation, sadly this is about to be reversed as hunting is being closed and without the funds to operate the waterholes they will be switched off and as the buffalo lions leopard warthogs kudu and other water dependent wildlife born in the area do not know of any other water source they will not survive the drought or the coming of the rains in three months. Yesterday I stood and watched 300 buffalo come down to one of our pumped pans while all around the bush was a desert, the first to die will be the calves , and I wondered if the anti hunters had any idea of the catastrophe about to happen throughout Botswana due to their emotional ignorance . Well done anti hunters you closed hunting in Botswana I hope you are proud of the fact you will kill more animals in three months than 16 years of hunting, and that's before the poachers move in.

Great post Graeme!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
Very well said.....sadly I suspect it will fall upon deaf ears.

One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Graeme,

Do you have a link to your post. I want to 'Like' it.

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve:
Graeme,

-Steve

+1

Posts: 1089 | Location: Norway | Registered: 08 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Absolutely agree with Mark.
We see it here in Western part of US.
Antis know it, but hate hunting to the point that " to hell with animals " as long as they stop hunting.
Wolves are prime example here.
But I also ran into few that are simply closed to any discussion except agreeing with their own personal view.

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Guys,

I don't buy for a minute that the Jouberts in their heart of hearts are ignorant of what the closing of trophy hunting will mean. I would propose that they know what will happen but they have some really off the wall justification or as a lot of these jealots beleive trophy hunt is just wrong so no further discussion is necessary.

Mark

Mark is dead right about this. Never forget that such "cause-driven" persons are almost always making a living from their causes. If the money were not there, they would not be either.

The heads of PETA are perfect examples. They make a LOT of money from their perverse appeals to the thoughtless and immature.

The only way to counter this is with active explanations and good data. Look at the fine work that Emily Miller of the Washington Times and author of "Emily Gets Her Gun" is doing in countering the gun control fanatics. She calmly handled Piers Morgan just fine a few days ago.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The road to HELL is often paved with GOOD INTENTIONS.

Has the wildlife been decimated in the non national park areas of Kenya? I assume it has, but do we know for a fact that it has been poached to oblivion?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed:

Poaching forum is a great idea. Those pictures are hard to watch. Will give folks an easy access to evidence to counter the PETA crowd.

Posts: 10037 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Perhaps we should gather our most horrendous poaching pictures and e mail them to the Jobert's.

Larry:

People Like the Jouberts and Rodriguez, etc. would be the LAST to publicize the truth - to them, poachers are also "hunters", of a different kind, but we get painted with a very broad brush !

One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackley Improved User:

Has the wildlife been decimated in the non national park areas of Kenya? I assume it has, but do we know for a fact that it has been poached to oblivion?

Yes. Pretty much the only remaining non-parks enclaves are privately owned conservancies and estates. These blocks are constantly patrolled but are under massive poaching pressure. Look at Lewa Downs, Ol Pej and the rest.

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Milo Shanghai:
quote:
Originally posted by Ackley Improved User:

Yes. Pretty much the only remaining non-parks enclaves are privately owned conservancies and estates. These blocks are constantly patrolled but are under massive poaching pressure. Look at Lewa Downs, Ol Pej and the rest.

Botswana is the next Kenya. The tree huggers know not what they do - they will ruin Africa. What can I do to help stop this? How can we bring Botswana back into the hunting fold? I'm active with SCI, but I feel so frustrated. The tree huggers are winning... Confused

One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Bumping this back up as I'd love to have the link to the FB post that Graeme made. Tried to find it but didn't.

Thanks

-Steve

quote:
Originally posted by Steve:
Graeme,

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
Graeme , I like your post on the jouberts facebook page. Over the years I have sat at many a campfire discussing this same topic over and over. And all we do is preach to the converted. Getting the message out there about the positive role that hunting has on conservation ( or the negative role of the banning of it )is crucial. And the hunters already know it. Put it in the faces of the anti hunters , more importantly , the people who support them . There is a vast amount of people out there that are sitting on the fence. They are easily persuaded by the anti hunters to lean their way as the antis are shouting the loudest and using the media to their advantage. An article in a hunting magazine about the pros of hunting in the conservation game gains little ground in the fight. Preaching to the converted. Well balanced comments in the social media and well written articles in non hunting magazines and papers will go a long way . Getting them to publish them....
Cheers Graeme , you did well.

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote