Find
Notify
Tools

Rambouillet Hunting Show
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
The Rambouillet Hunting Show takes place every year, usually the first weekend of April. Unfortunately for me it's no longer held in Rambouillet (it used to be a ten minute walk from my house) and has been held west of Paris in the town of Mantes-la-Jolie for several years now.

It's not the equivalent of a show at DSC or SCI, by a long-shot, but it's still pretty hard for me to keep away. I get to see some familiar faces and confirm that there is nothing really new, at least in terms of what counts for me. This year was the same.

The show is held on an island in the Seine, a very nice setting.

There is a very different style and feel to a French hunting show (and did anybody really think it would resemble an American show?), which is very easy to appreciate. It's smaller, more intimate, with plenty of watering holes.

I never get bored with seeing what Pierre Artisan (his real name is Pierre Chapuis but can't market under that name) can do with a rifle. He is one of the best engravers in France and the rifles from his shop are always striking. And yes, he is from the same family as the Chapuis most of you are familiar with.

The leather craft from Alexandre Mareuil is always impeccable.

If you've never tried bacon or ham from a wild boar then you still have a reason to come to this show.

If you're looking for ideas on what to do with your skins, here's some people who can help.

Verney-Carron had 5 large caliber double rifles on display. The rifles at the top and bottom of the rack are in 500 NE, the over and under is in 450/400. They use a variety of actions as you can see. The round-bottomed action at the bottom of the rack would be my choice.

It's always a pleasure to see Pierré, I'm glad he makes it to the show. Pascale Sierra (on the right) is still his agent in France. I hunted with her in 2012 with Clinton van Tonder as our PH. She'll be going after her 8th buffalo this year. It seems I have a knack for showing up just as the champagne is being uncorked.

All in all, everything is pretty classy.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
Looks like a show I would love to attend as well. I have gained a real appreciation for the Verney Carron rifles over the past couple of years and would be interested to see what else was on display. Thanks for the post!

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Thanks Wink. Say hi to Pierre.

Mike tu2

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by subsailor74:
Looks like a show I would love to attend as well. I have gained a real appreciation for the Verney Carron rifles over the past couple of years and would be interested to see what else was on display. Thanks for the post!

I didn't take any other rifle pictures. There were a lot of industrial rifles on display as well, but not worth a photograph.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The shew looked fantastic. Any more photos to share.

Great advice from Napolean but sadly for him the boody Russians and Wellington followed it all the way.

Photobucket

Posts: 410 | Location: Benton, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: 16 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a very classy show!

Thanks for the thread Wink..

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing. Great photo's!
JCHB

Posts: 421 | Location: KZN province South Africa | Registered: 24 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Always a good show indeed + an excuse to go to my favorite haunts in Paris for dinner...

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for taking time to take and post the photos. I enjoyed them.

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
Verney Carron exhibited for the first time in RSA at the Huntex show last year. It was a pleasure meeting up with them and to admire their rifles.

Thanks for posting Wink beer

When are you passing through RSA again?

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From this, looks like guns shows are the same
all over the world.
Re: "put 'em on and the crowds will come".
Wink, thanks for sharing with us.
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6002 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Really excellent photos and descriptions. Thanks for posting them! I'd love to go there some day to experience a European-type hunting show.

Posts: 282 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: 20 November 2007Reply With Quote