New
Find
Notify
Tools

Animial Planet
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Saw a promo on Fox and Friends this morning about a show (air on Animial Planet not Fox)that is going to be about protecting the Rinos in RSA and will feature 3 vets a Navy Seal and two rangers. With their combat training etc how they chase down poachers. The did mention the "african rangers and game scouts" that help them in their venture. It was especially interesting when they spoke of the extreme danger from the wild lions etc.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This should be television worth watching, for sure.

SCI Life Member
DRSS

"In those savage countries success frequently depends upon one particular moment; you may lose or win according to your action at that critical instant."

Sir Samuel Baker

Posts: 297 | Location: New Scotland, Canada | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Sounds very interesting.

Though I fear it might turn out as one of Hollywoods silly outtake on this problem.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i watched it - what a waste of time

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Typical TV "reality" crap.

Probably brought to you by the people that thought it would be a great idea to bring out a show portraying tow-truck drivers as halfway between Navy SEALS and astronauts.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
Saw a tease on this show the other day. The guys might be seals but if you have to say to a third party, "Tell them to put down their weapons" because you don't speak Afrikaans or any native African language, I think you are going to have problems.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch when was it on? I thought by the way they talked on Fox it was up comming, but I doubt I would watch it.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ed - it was on last Wednesday night on animal planet.

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jwm:
Typical TV "unreality" crap.

Fixed it for you, jwm. Wink

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote