Find
Notify
Tools

Leopard killed a woman
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted
A Leopard killed a woman on her way to fetch water. The leopard was speared by her companion. He was injured in the fight.

It is believed that three leopards escaped out of the Hluhluwe Game Reserve, officials are looking for the leopards.

Heard it over the news

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can i hire this leopard to ummmm get rid of a few women for me ? at least i can do it legally Cool

Posts: 175 | Location: australia | Registered: 14 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Leopard killed after woman dies

July 31 2006 at 12:17PM

A leopard killed a woman and seriously injured a man before it was killed in KwaMsane in northern KwaZulu-Natal, wildlife officials said on Monday.

Nomusa Mncwango, 22, was fetching water from the Mthole river when the leopard pounced on her, killing her instantly, Maureen Zimu, spokesperson for Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife said.

Community members then rallied to trap the leopard when it struck again, seriously injuring Thengukuthula Mlambo, 43, who stabbed it in the neck with a spear.

Zimu said conservation staff were on the lookout for two further leopards believed to have escaped from the Hluhluwe game reserve.

'Rarely attack humans'
"We set up traps this morning (Monday) but nothing came up."

She said a team of conservationists would set up further traps on Monday afternoon and would introduce the leopards to a game farm.

"The community are well educated on the fact that there are free and wild leopards roaming the bush in the area... and they (the community) know that leopards very rarely attack humans... they eat goats and that kind of animal."

Zimu said the search for the roaming leopards would continue in the area, "until we hear that the leopards have relocated to another area".

She added that the wildlife organisation provided a water tank for the community, to minimise the risk of being attacked while going to the river to fetch water.

"What happened to the lady (Mncwango) was that she was isolated and vulnerable to attack by going to the river."

Zimu said condolences went out to Mncwango's family.

Mlambo was said to be in a stable condition in hospital. - Sapa

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9501 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
Quick, someone send Mugabe to fetch some water!

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
quote:
Quick, someone send Mugabe to fetch some water!

You can't kill the last living speciman of the Neandertals like that, the scientists will feed you to the wolves.
jumping

Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Why not? We don't need any surviving Neandertals amongst us. Can't think of a better leopard bait than that vermin. By the way, I will be hunting leopard in that area in a week.

One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
Heck no, using Bob as bait won't be fair chase. The leopard will die from indigestion or "mad cow disease" - you'll never have a shot at it! jumping

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 855 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Well lets see since no culling programs is done at all in any of the national parks why wouldn't the leopards spread Big Grin Not that there was any specific leopards cull programs but farmers use to have it easy to obtain a leopard permit before and let them do the job. beer

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2549 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
Lucky me, my application for a pest permit for a Leopard was aproved today. Hope I can get that critter next week

Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com