THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    I Have Been Asked For A Video Of Our Baby Cheetahs - Here It Is.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Have Been Asked For A Video Of Our Baby Cheetahs - Here It Is.
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Playing

The file is quite large, so please right click and save it to your computer

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68779 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Way cool! Doesn't look like you lost too much hide or bled too bad. hilbily

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Great video, thanks for sharing. Smiler

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
pretty neat!

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
i don't know how you get anything done during the day! I'd be in there playing with them all day!

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing! Great video!

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cute kittens. Will they grow up tame too?
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6019 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
This video is from the camera in my hand, and they were at their best behavior too.

Sometimes, looking at the video from the other camera, one might get the impression that they are ganging up on me!

I have two of them actually standing on each of my shoulders and enjoy trying to bite my hair!

Kids adore them, and we have a hard time getting them out of there.

Posts: 68779 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is awesome, would love to have one one day....

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will they ever get to run flat out?
Got any greyhound tracks you could rent near Dubai?
I bet they would love to chase a mechanical rabbit.
Cute video. popcorn

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How old are they in the video?

Posts: 11028 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool, thanks for the video!

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2813 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
great video. I would love to see them someday!

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
They are of different ages - 5-8 months

one of us
posted Hide Post
Cheetah selfies!
Are these cheetahs "rescued" and awaiting placement with adoptive families?
Things are going to get crazier than Walter if you keep 5 adult cheetahs around your place,
unless you have a high-fenced ranch to let them have some running room, stocked with some of your excess antelope?
Different litters, different sexes?
Cheetah breeding stock (hopefully not inbreeding stock) or have they been fixed?
Nosey aren't I? nilly
How about those fundamentalist Mormons in the southwestern USA, they have an inbreeding problem with fumerase deficiency, offhandedly referred to as "Mormon Down's syndrome," but much worse than Down's syndrome, yes, much worse than Walter too. Wink

One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
Is their hair wiry or soft?

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Their hair is both wiry and soft.

We have had cheetahs for almost 30 years, and they do breed here.

We have specially constructed enclosures for them - high fence with a sharp incline at the top so they do not climb out.

We have a specially constructed hut where they go in to give birth - pregnant females are separated when they are due - sort of like a maternity ward in a hospital.

They really are adorable animals.

They generally like everybody who visit. But, sometimes they seem to take a dislike to a certain individual.

And the funny part they all do once one does.

I have no idea what causes this.

Their behavior is sort of cross between a dog and a cat.

And they are so popular with guests - especially kids!

Our local schools arrange visits to our animals - and sometimes they like us to take some of the animals to classes too.

"Zoo" visiting days are very popular with the kids.

We also set up some of our hunting trophies for them to enjoy.

A popular attraction are the mounted crocs.

The smaller kids don't seem to get enough of playing with them! And the teachers find it hard to tell them it is al over and they must go back to school clap

Another good results is many kids ask if they can come back with their parents and shoot. beer

one of us
posted Hide Post
holycow
So, Cheetah Central (for the universe) is in Dubai. clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
They generally like everybody who visit. But, sometimes they seem to take a dislike to a certain individual.

Sounds like my dog. He generally likes all the Cheetah who visit him.

Big Grin

Posts: 4828 | Location: IN YOUR POOL | Registered: 10 December 2015Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
holycow
So, Cheetah Central (for the universe) is in Dubai. clap

We also have some animals which are returned to the wild. Last year we sent some Scimitar horned oryx back to Africa. They were bred here.

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Can Walter outrun them?

Posts: 2694 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slider:
Can Walter outrun them?

Answer: Of course not!
Low hanging fruit, both the question and the answer animal

There still seems to be uncertainty as to cheetah top speed. What is it, 58 mph or 70 mph?
Anyway, we know they can't do it very far, certainly no more than 300 yards flat out.

Maybe Walter could be useful for this:

Saeed closes a road somewhere in Dubai where a straight mile or so stretch can be used.
Saeed will drive one of his convertible-topped/open sports cars capable of good acceleration and top speed over 70 mph. Big Grin
Walter will sit in the passenger seat with a very long deep-sea fishing rod dangling some sort of cheetah bait over his shoulder off the rear of the car.

Hessa will stand at roadside with cheetah on quick release leash.

The car gets a running start and drives by at about 30 mph and accelerates as soon as the cheetah is off the leash and running at the bait.

A rearview camera on the dash could be helpful, also for filming the cheetah with distance marks on the road periodically as a check on the cheetah speed compared to camera time. Saeed accelerates enough to see how fast the cheetah can go.

Cheetah central in Dubai does science too!

Be sure Walter fastens his harness and wears a crash helmet and nomex suit.

NRA Life Benefactor

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Awesome video Saeed!

We have recently had a cheetah spotted on the loose in British Columbia. They have not found it yet, but it is undoubtedly an escapee from someone's private 'collection'....possibly in the US. Sadly, there is a couple feet of snow and cold temps so I am not sure how much chance the poor cheetah will have. Anyway, this has of course brought out all the anti-"wild animal as pets" folks. Quite funny. With respect to cheetahs, they have no clue.

Cheers!
Chris

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canuck:
Awesome video Saeed!

We have recently had a cheetah spotted on the loose in British Columbia. They have not found it yet, but it is undoubtedly an escapee from someone's private 'collection'....possibly in the US. Sadly, there is a couple feet of snow and cold temps so I am not sure how much chance the poor cheetah will have. Anyway, this has of course brought out all the anti-"wild animal as pets" folks. Quite funny. With respect to cheetahs, they have no clue.

Cheers!
Chris

I know!

The bloody idiots have no clue that THEY are the private pets of the PC brigade!

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by Canuck:
Awesome video Saeed!

Cheers!
Chris

I know!

The bloody idiots have no clue that THEY are the private pets of the PC brigade!

LOL. EXACTLY!

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't help but think of this VICE story from a while back.

http://www.vice.com/video/big-cats-of-the-gulf

Are there many people out there that have large cats as pets?

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote