THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    If I bypass RSA can I take two rifles of the same caliber to?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If I bypass RSA can I take two rifles of the same caliber to?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I want to take two rifles of the same caliber to Zambia next year. If I bypass RSA and fly to Windhoek(?) first and then on to Lusaka can I do it. Does Namibia, Zim or Zambia allow two rifles of the same caliber? I know RSA doesn't.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Zim has no problems with that. Not more than five firearms total though

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BBC

I would recommend flying on British Air through London and on to Lusaka. I've done that route twice myself and several of my clients have used that route. No gun issues and you avoid any African customs other than your destination of Lusaka.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
BBC

I would recommend flying on British Air through London and on to Lusaka. I've done that route twice myself and several of my clients have used that route. No gun issues and you avoid any African customs other than your destination of Lusaka.

Mark

Agree with Mark on this one! I've used BA every time I've gone to Zambia. The one thing you need to know, however is, the flights up to Mfuwe, it you're going to the valley only fly a couple times per week, and you may have to stay over night in Lusaka. I stay with friends in Lusaka, but there are a couple of good hotels, but I can't reccomend which, because I haven't stayed in any of them, but Mark can most likely tell you about them. thumb

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure he can tell you about hotels, but i'm sure there are other less reputable spots he knows of Big Grin Eeker Wink

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BBC,

I'd put butchloc on "Ignore" but he keeps booking hunts so I have to tolerate his abuse. Actually there are places in Lusaka where you can get whatever you might want but you might not like what you got.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 450/400
posted Hide Post
Question: I flew through London in May, but I booked my tickets before the Semptember 24, 2007 deadline and was (I thought) one of last to be able to transport fireams through the UK. I flew American to London, BA to RSA and on to Windhoek. I thought that you could no longer transport fireams through the UK. Am I wrong? Are they now allowing firearms through the UK? Just wondering.

Posts: 675 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 26 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
450/400,

I assure you there is no ban as far as the UK is concerned. My clients have been flying through London all season with no problem on BA. I do remember something about a US carrier that was refusing to carry guns to the UK.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 450/400:
Question: I flew through London in May, but I booked my tickets before the Semptember 24, 2007 deadline and was (I thought) one of last to be able to transport fireams through the UK. I flew American to London, BA to RSA and on to Windhoek. I thought that you could no longer transport fireams through the UK. Am I wrong? Are they now allowing firearms through the UK? Just wondering.

I think the ban on firearms through London is for planes headed for Zimbabwe! I don't think any other country is involved. I could be wrong, however, so check to be sure with BA.
The planes headed for Lusaka, usually stop in Harrare, so check your bags all the way through to Lusaka!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mac

BA discontinued service to Harare last year. I think all the Zim flights now come through RSA.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
Picture of 450/400
posted Hide Post
Must have just been American Airlines...

Posts: 675 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 26 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Theoretically there's a Europe wide ban on fireams to Zimbobwe, but the UK enforce it vigorously. - It only affects Zim though.