THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    This L.A. hunter killed an elephant. Now he’s a PETA target in bid to end trophy hunt
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This L.A. hunter killed an elephant. Now he’s a PETA target in bid to end trophy hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Sorry but the bottom line is everyones need for 'validation' of what they are doing and the 'look at me' trend that is now pervasive in society has caused this. Social media has made things a thousand times worse as the whole world seems to feel the need to share and show what they are doing for validation and it is accelerating the demise of some types of hunting. How many times do all of you need to see this sort of reaction to a hunters exploits before you figure it out.

Does not matter that it shouldn't be this way...IT IS AND WE MAKE UP A TINY FRACTION OF ONE PERCENT OF THE POPULATION...so guess who is going to lose. But go ahead, keep it up as your personal views and practices in social media screw the rest of us.

It use to be we would share a few photos with friends and that was good enough. Now we are not satisfied unless it is on Youtube for the world to see and we are keeping track of 'views' and 'likes'. Personally I find the whole thing rather pathetic.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1811 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eyeman
posted Hide Post
I agree with the above post. clap

Posts: 340 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eyeman
posted Hide Post
If your is so big that you need to post on fakebook, be prepared to suffer the consequences of social media.

Posts: 340 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eagle27:
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas "Ty" Beaham:
Bullshit indeed. Roll Eyes

Say what you will about the gent in this article, but know this.

The L.A.Times and P.E.T.A. were not entirely forthcoming in how they obtained the video footage of this elephant hunt.

Apparently, it was shared by the outfitter with a
"prospective client" who was not, needless to say, what they appeared to be.

So those of you who jumped the gun here for whatever reason, and piled on this elephant hunter for sharing the video "all over" social media, should take note, he didn't.

I think there are a number of lessons to be learned here.

Good story but doesn't change for one bit the actions of the hunter and the PH involved, it is what it is as seen in the video. All the poorer if the PH 'shared' the video with prospective client, I would have thought the hunter would have control over who has access to 'his' hunt video. If he thinks that video is good advertising for his PH to use then he is sadly mistaken.

Either way it shows what the world doesn't need to see and as some others have pointed out here, we can thump our chests as much as we like and say we have a right to do as we please provided it is legal but unfortunately the day is coming closer when we won't have the right to do as we please and no amount of chest thumping will stop that.

The only lessons to be learned in this case is for the hunter and his PH to not fuck things up for the rest of us who would like to see our grandkids able to freely hunt as many of us have had the privilege to do.

Your opinion may vary, but I consider this open site, Accuratereloading , social media.

AR is in FACT heavily trolled by Anti-Hunting Inc.
How The Antis Use Our Posts

...and in light of the fact that you yourself have shared images here that the folks who read the L.A. Times and watch the P.E.T.A channel would find truly offensive,

I will ask you directly.

Does the worldwide hunting community benefit
from YOUR public photos? Yes or No?

Posts: 2928 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:

There are hundreds of thousands if not millions of images of hunting in art and in photography.

Filming an animal suffering or other dubious content is more damaging than a photograph.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9869 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
Dubious content like sitting around camp slurring drunk, surrounded by empty beer and whiskey bottles, bragging about killing a lion a short stroll from your cot?

And where was the suffering in that, other than my own having to sit through that embarrassing display?

Can you see how the antis would, could, and do spin things like that drunken display to be representative of hunting and the hunting community as whole?

How much video footage, or still images were aired of the "Cecil the lion" event?
Seems to me that was secondary to the anti's agenda.

Posts: 2928 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dubious content like sitting around camp slurring drunk, surrounded by empty beer and whiskey bottles, bragging about killing a lion a short stroll from your cot?

And where was the suffering in that, other than my own having to sit through that embarrassing display?

Can you see how the antis would, could, and do spin things like that drunken display to be representative of hunting and the hunting community as whole?

How much video footage, or still images were aired of the "Cecil the lion" event?
Seems to me that was secondary to the anti's agenda.

That was set up and supposed to be humourous. Its called entertainment. But you do have a point so I will not argue there.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9869 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by eagle27:
quote:
Bullshit indeed. Roll Eyes

Say what you will about the gent in this article, but know this.

The L.A.Times and P.E.T.A. were not entirely forthcoming in how they obtained the video footage of this elephant hunt.

Apparently, it was shared by the outfitter with a
"prospective client" who was not, needless to say, what they appeared to be.

So those of you who jumped the gun here for whatever reason, and piled on this elephant hunter for sharing the video "all over" social media, should take note, he didn't.

I think there are a number of lessons to be learned here.

Good story but doesn't change for one bit the actions of the hunter and the PH involved, it is what it is as seen in the video. All the poorer if the PH 'shared' the video with prospective client, I would have thought the hunter would have control over who has access to 'his' hunt video. If he thinks that video is good advertising for his PH to use then he is sadly mistaken.

Either way it shows what the world doesn't need to see and as some others have pointed out here, we can thump our chests as much as we like and say we have a right to do as we please provided it is legal but unfortunately the day is coming closer when we won't have the right to do as we please and no amount of chest thumping will stop that.

The only lessons to be learned in this case is for the hunter and his PH to not fuck things up for the rest of us who would like to see our grandkids able to freely hunt as many of us have had the privilege to do.

Your opinion may vary, but I consider this open site, Accuratereloading , social media.

AR is in FACT heavily trolled by Anti-Hunting Inc.
How The Antis Use Our Posts

...and in light of the fact that you yourself have shared images here that the folks who read the L.A. Times and watch the P.E.T.A channel would find truly offensive,

I will ask you directly.

Get a grip, fairgame has answered for me.

Posts: 3858 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote