Find
Notify
Tools

Kudos to Explorer Satellite
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted
Thanks to Nina Zabuga, Andy Cool, and Taylor McNeil. I am by no means a "big customer" of theirs but I buy time every year to prevent the expiration of accumulated minutes and to keep the phone active as an insurance policy while living abroad. In spite of my "small time" status, these three all seem to drop everything to make sure I am helped promptly. Nina assisted me today and it was even her day off! Now THAT is service! Frankly, it seems more often than not that I am sent a receipt for my payment no more than a few minutes after the initial request has been made by me for them to undertake action. This is really an impressive company and I sure wish there were more like them.

If you need a sat phone to buy or rent, I would encourage you to give Explorer Satellite a very serious look!

Best,

tendrams

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree, good guys as well as great products and service.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used them the last 5 years when going to Africa. They have always done a great job for me.
Now I bought my own Sat phone so all I need is minutes.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That has been my experience as well. Really good folks to deal with and the service is terrific.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
While we're on the subject here I have a question. I've never been around satellite phones but I have satellite radio in my vehicles. Do the phones have the same line-of-sight restrictions the radios do? Can you make a call on a satellite phone from inside or do you have to be outside where you can "see" the satellite? Thanks.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

Posts: 771 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent service.
If everyone treated their customers the way they do, there would be NO customer complaint departments.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I concur - Explorer is a great service!!

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scojac:
While we're on the subject here I have a question. I've never been around satellite phones but I have satellite radio in my vehicles. Do the phones have the same line-of-sight restrictions the radios do? Can you make a call on a satellite phone from inside or do you have to be outside where you can "see" the satellite? Thanks.

Yes, line of sight.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 on great service from Explorer Sat.

Posts: 662 | Location: Below sea level. | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback, as am in the market for a new sat phone.

Now: considering I do 1 - 3 trips per year to Africa + other countries with dubious / no phones, should I buy or rent the phone?

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
Buy....use Africa time for the trips and then get a separate SIM for the rest of the planet. The new 9575 Motorola is sweet!

One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
i have used and recommended them for several years and in customer service and product knowledge they are well ahead of the pack ...

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote