Find
Notify
Tools

Safari Action Shooting
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted
Interesting web site and concept. Thoughts?

www.safariactionshooting.com

Posts: 1262 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting videos. I was surprised to see most shooters take the gun off the shoulder and down to the hip almost, when cycling the bolt (and the double for that matter).
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of doctorxring
posted Hide Post

Looks like fun.

My money would be on this fellow, whoever
he may be...

http://s23.photobucket.com/alb...w¤t=HEYM-2.flv

Happiness is a tight group

Posts: 1524 | Location: Don't Mess With Texas | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
The site its very interesting ,but in the video i didnt see a great shooting dexterity ,i always teach to mantain the rifle on shoulder ,besides that you can carry your ammo in a combat pouch but never in your pockets,here in ARGENTINA we have similar matches ,and you must fire in every position even from very low obstacles there you must use the rifle laterally aginst the floor ,a lot of push feeds have problems there ....ill post a photo later.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn, xring! That guy IS good.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of doctorxring
posted Hide Post

Peter -- heck yeah, he sure is.

Here's another video of him with a double.

Mbogo is a dead Mo Fo with this guy around.

http://s23.photobucket.com/alb...w¤t=HEYM-3.flv

Happiness is a tight group

Posts: 1524 | Location: Don't Mess With Texas | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
The guy setting it up is Pierre Van De Walt who wrote 'Big Bore Cartridge Load Data Collection' is very involved with the Big Bore Association and and organiser of the Shot Show here in SA.

He's also written a great piece about bullets for our www.shakariconnection.com site. - In English, English, he's a diamond geezer and in American English, he really knows his stuff and is a great guy.

I love his site and reckon it'll do very well indeed and I'd guess that this financial slowdown will actually make the site do better than it might otherwise have done because more people will opt to take part in what he's offering because they might not have the money for a safari.

As I say, I really like the site and I wish him every success with it! Smiler

one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
Steve,

Yes, Pierre is a great guy.

I also like the site and particularly the concept of Safari Action Shooting. That is one sport that has it's own natural appeal for me. I've registered and already done a bit more than just wish him well!

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote