Find
Notify
Tools

Pac-Nor SS Super Match Barrels...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gentlemen,
I ordered a #5 contour, .375 caliber, 1 in 12 inch twist, Pac-Nor Stainless Steel Super Match yesterday for my first custom rifle. A Winchester 70 Stainless Classic being built by John Ricks. Going with a McMillan Winchester Super Grade Stock and Williams One Piece Stainless Bottom Metal. PME extractor and mag spring. Talley rings and bases opened to 8-40 and mounted with a Leupold 1.75-6x32. Curious as to your experiences with their product. I've had a boat load of recommendation from folks whom I trust greatly, however, as we're short on posts, it could'nt hurt to ask here .

Regards, Matt.

[This message has been edited by Matt in Virginia (edited 05-21-2002).]

Posts: 525 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Your in perfect hands, but the color is wrong!!!!

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Atkinson,
I was fully expecting your protest vote on the color . Truth be told, if I did'nt have the stainless action to begin with, I would have gone rust blued on CM steel.

Do have a question to run by you. I've been considering going with the Brockman/Tally pop up peep and a brockman Generation III front sight. Would it be workable on this .375 H&H? Plan to buy a back up Leupold and Talleys before I do any traveling. I suppose the peeps would be double redundant, however, it would seem this type of rifle is almost incomplete without open sights.

Mr. Ricks suggests the NECG banded front and Masterpiece rear, however, I would imagine it would look a bit odd on a stainless barrel. Thoughts?

Regards, Matt.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,
Bringing this back to the top in hopes that my question regarding the Talley/Brockman Ghost Ring Pop up will be answered. Now that things are back to normal. Well as normal as they get atleast.

Regards, Matt.

[ 05-28-2002, 21:23: Message edited by: Matt in Virginia ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
HI,

I also have seen the Brockman pop up ghost ring, with a quick detachable tally rings looks like a great set-up. He also will do the same thing for a lever, scout scope set-up.Kev

Posts: 1002 | Location: ALASKA, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote