New
Find
Notify
Tools

BONGO
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can some of you that have been share your thoughts and suggestions on booking a bongo hunt. I know it's expensive!

If your parents didn't have any children chances are you won't either.

Posts: 473 | Location: Davie Florida | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted the forest 3 times and know many of the operators in Cameroon. By far the best ph is Geoffroy DeGentille. He is a partner with Regura the owner of Moyo Oldiri. Geoffroy hunts out of his Lognia camp in far SE Cameroon. If you are really serious about going to the forest we need to talk.

Mike

Posts: 1860 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please call me at work when you have the time 1-800-426-1919..Dangerous Dave.

If your parents didn't have any children chances are you won't either.

Posts: 473 | Location: Davie Florida | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You may want to contact Adam Clements or Mark Young who post here. Adam went recently and posted an excellent report. He books hunters to the area so he knows what you need to know.

Posts: 10265 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave,

As dogcat says Adam hunted with Pierre Guerrini's Faro West for bongo last spring and I'm hunting eland with him next next month. Basically everyone has an opportunity to take a bongo and they shoot some very nice ones. You also have and excellent chance for forest sitatunga, forest hog, dwarf buffalo and duikers. An added bonus is gorillas being relately common and visible.

A big plus is the camp. The humidity is incredible in the forest but the camp is air conditioned so you can sleep at night.

The basic hunt is 33,000 euros with a 2000 euro trophy fee for the bongo. This is expensive but these folks do it right from your arrival in Douala to your departure.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12917 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pierre is a good friend and he by far has the best eland area in Africa. His bongo area is on par with several. The difference in the forest is the ph and how he has his trackers organized.

And by the way an air conditioner is not necessary in the forest. I have spent 61 nights in the forest sleeing in the old style loggers cabin which allows great air flow. With a small 12 volt fan I needed a blanket before daylight on every night.

Mike

Posts: 1860 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shared a deer camp two years ago with a hunter who was really experienced. He hunted both Bongo and Eland with Faro West and raved about them. Based on his descriptions and the photos he showed me they would be my choice.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote