New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getting 300 H&H brass to Namibia
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anybody coming to Namibia who can bring me some brass for a .300 H&H? Would appriciate it!
K

Posts: 194 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 04 April 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Does Namibia permit the importation of cartridge cases if safari client did not bring a .300H&H with them?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
Does Namibia permit the importation of cartridge cases if safari client did not bring a .300H&H with them?

George

No, this is illegal, or so I believe.

If someone were going to bring ammo for a rifle they don't have with them the best way to get away with it would be to place it in a factory box that matches the rest of the ammo they are bringing for the rifle they have on their permit. Most likely no one will notice. If they do you can play dumb.

Is it worth it? Only you can decide.

Maybe kamaatu knows a way to do this legally?

I think it would be easier for kamaatu to form his brass from 375H&H brass.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
300 Wby makes pretty good 300 H&H brass also.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Mate,

It might be easier to contact Ken Stewart of Stewart bullets in Pietersburg/Polokwane as he'll probably be able to post them to you from here.

You can contact him at stewbullets@mweb.co.za

one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,
as far as I know it is not illegal to bring brass into the country, as long as it does not contain primers etc..
After having used my brass now for fie to six times, the first ones are starting to crack and it is about time to exchange them. Had a look for plain ammo the other day and it comes at about 35 N$/ZAR per shot.
Steve, I will contact Ken and see what he can do.

Posts: 194 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 04 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ask Hento at the gun shop or rosenthal- they can get you Norma brass by the bag (comes packed in 50's or 100's.)

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To find out the answer to this question, wouldn't it be easier to just ask someone of authority in Namibia the question? Shurly someone here knows the "right" person to contact there for an "official" ruling on the subject once and for all. This would put an end to the the "I think this is right, I hope this is right" answers that are offered up here.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It sounds like you need to know how to anneal your cases which would extend there life. Get on 24 hour Campfire and go to "ask the gun writers" and direct your question to Mule Deer/John Barness he has several different methods. He recently wrote an article for Handloader magazine on a method that he developed.

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
There must be tons of 375h&h brass around the country. It is readily formed to 300H&H.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
375 is the simple answer; unless they have this "thing" about head stamps matching the rifle markings.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote