Notify
Tools

Africa Seems Boyant
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted
Hey AR taxpayers

Hope GWB and his G8 cronies are not taking too much of your tax money to prop up the starving multitudes in Africa )-:

Check this guy out, seems to be doing quite well !! Looks like your academic guys at Pepperdine University in CA taught him some tricks of the trade roflmao

Peter
--------------------

'African prince' lives it up in Cape Town

Johannesburg, South Africa

20 July 2005 07:30

The son of the president of oil-rich Equatorial Guinea, an international playboy, has gone on a spending spree in Cape Town, the Cape Times website reported on Wednesday.

It said Teodorin Nguema Obiang (34) has splashed millions on house renovations, cars, hotel accommodation and entertainment.

Called Teodorin in his home country, he had spent close to R10-million since the weekend, said sources who asked not to be named.

Most of the 500 000 citizens in Equatorial Guinea live on a dollar a day.

Teodorin is the minister of forestry, environment and housing in the government of his father, Teodoro Obiang Nguema.

He owns a stake in a logging company which reportedly has a multimillion-rand turnover.

A graduate of Pepperdine University in Malibu, California, Teodorin is also the owner of the only government-approved private radio station in Equatorial Guinea, Radio Asonga.

He also runs Television Asonga, which is owned by his father, and owns the hip hop record label TNO (for Teodorin Nguema Obiang) Records.

It is understood that Teodorin spent an estimated R7-million on two Bentleys during his time in Cape Town.

Another R3,2-million was blown on a white 2005 6-litre Lamborghini at Bloomsbury in Buitengracht Street.

The cars were parked outside the Mount Nelson Hotel on Monday, where staff said the vehicles were bought this weekend by a "an African prince".

Teodorin's architects were also reliably understood to be starting shortly with multimillion-rand renovations to his properties.

These included 35 Klaassens Road, Bishopscourt, which he bought in March last year for a reported R26-million and 76 Fourth Beach, Clifton, bought for R23,5-million.

Teodorin left his hotel on Tuesday morning with a large entourage of security guards, personal assistants and a chauffeur, after spending R15 000 on French champagne on Friday night. The luxury suite where he stayed cost R8 030 per night.

An official of the Equatorial Guinea embassy in Pretoria said Teodorin's visit was in his private capacity.

"What do you want with him? His private business is not for you to put in the newspaper," she said. - Sapa

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Now Peter, you know Saeed doesn't want us posting "political" topics in the African Hunting forum. shame

-Bob F. Big Grin

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Equatorial Guinea is one of the nastiest mudholes it's ever been my misfortune to visit. The military base I visited looked like something out of a bad movie, dogs, pigs, chicknens, naked kids, etc. and the explosive in their magazine had fluid leaking out of the cases. I also got the worst case of dysentery I've picked up in 30 years of international travel. Too bad the indigenous population is not reaping the rewards of their oil wealth.

Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do.

Posts: 301 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BFaucett:
Now Peter, you know Saeed doesn't want us posting "political" topics in the African Hunting forum. shame

-Bob F. Big Grin

Yes that is right, I have transgressed the rules again ///

But it all becomes of interest to us (hunters and wildlife conservatinists) as a lot of people in the first world dont realize that these places even exist, and although there is not commerical hunting in EG there is INFACT a BIG BUSHMEAT trade that is hammering wildlife in these places in West Africa, so it becomes of interest I believe to be aware that these things go on, and in the greater picture it sometimes awakens us hunters to the plundering or not only the WEALTH in these countries but if we dig deeper also the WILDLIFE.

Just for those who dont know where the place is here is a small map

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like he just got the first payment of Euro aide money.

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Holy S..t

For those hunters going to Zim's

I just checked the US dollar / Zim's exchange rate ...

It is now up to 11,000 to 1 x US dollar

Is that serious or just a blip on the horizon ???

Peter

one of us
posted Hide Post
Holy S..t

For those hunters going to Zim's

I just checked the US dollar / Zim's exchange rate ...

It is now up to 11,000 to 1 x US dollar

Is that serious or just a blip on the horizon ???

Peter

It's worse than that, I read somewhere that just today they devalued their currency to 17,500 to 1.

Posts: 932 | Location: Delaware, USA | Registered: 13 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's the big deal about Zim's currency? Hunts are priced in dollars anyway.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500grains:
What's the big deal about Zim's currency? Hunts are priced in dollars anyway.

I was more concerned about some of my relatives in Gweru whom are still prisoners in their own right over there /// Hunters have disposable dollars in most cases

Peter