Find
Notify
Tools

Some 2015 DSC info...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Barely 3 months until the DSC Convention and it's time for a bit of an update:

For those that like to wait until close to the dates of the show, there are still a few rooms available at the Hyatt.

For all of you exhibitors, you have recently been sent an email regarding move in...due to the BCS football playoff and associated activities, we will not get the convention center until Tuesday morning and move in will be a "challenge". You have been given a move in window based on your booth location and it will probably be a pretty firm window, but we will stay as late as necessary on Tuesday night to accommodate our exhibitors.

Also for our exhibitors: because you voiced your concerns about the lack of "watering holes" in and around the Omni, we are hosting a hospitality room for our exhibitors on the 5th floor of the Omni, The Big Bull Lounge, (aptly named, I'm sure) that will be open from 6:30 pm until 2:00 am each night. From 6:30 until 8:00 (or 8:30) everything is free...liquor, beer, whatever and from 8:00 (or 8:30) until 2:00 am beer is free and there will be a cash bar for liquor. I hope many of you will take advantage of this. I plan on visiting after the banquets.

And speaking of bars, there will be more bars in the convention hall, but you are still supposed to drink only in the bars.

We are reserving a meeting room once again for the use of AR members, probably the same room as the past couple of years.

Feel free to PM if you have any ideas that would make for a more enjoyable convention experience...might not be able to do them, but we would like to hear them.

Karl

Karl Evans

Posts: 2910 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Karl,

Another great job by DSC for taking care of exhibitors. Obviously, the move in schedule has to be tight and I'm sure the logistics involved are incredibly difficult.

I still wonder how a certain event last night wasn't affected by the TABC ruling. Was it the lack of live ammunition? Not that I'm complaining...

I'm counting down the days.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3458 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
all good news. i made my plane reservations for the convention tonight. screw Ebola!!!!! i wonder if hotels will be cheaper going forward because of the folks too scared to go to Dallas??

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13449 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't believe the ebola news will have that much effect on the numbers at the conv.
I'm going!

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Let's see,

Open 'til 2:00 AM + Open to PHs + Free Beer

I see the convention ticket prices going up in 2016 to recoup losses.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Open 'til 2:00 AM + Open to PHs + Free BeerI see the convention ticket prices going up in 2016 to recoup losses.

Their only going to serve Milwaukee Best beer, Kentucky Deluxe bourbon & MD20/20 wine.

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
These boys grew up drinking Lion Lager and Bols, serving rot gut ain't gonna slow them down.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
These boys grew up drinking Lion Lager and Bols, serving rot gut ain't gonna slow them down.

Touché!

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
DSC flu has been a bummer -- get a flu shot now.

Posts: 4885 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
DSC flu has been a bummer -- get a flu shot now.

Been 4 times, so far all I've gotten was a lot of fun & 3 safaris.

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
i made my hotel reservations last night at the Aloft Hotel, 1 of those listed on the DSC website. just for the hell of it, i went to travelocity first and check room availability/rates and got the
"no rooms available on your chosen dates" message. went back to the DSC Convention website and made the exact same reservations with no problem. it is directly across the street from the convention center.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
i made my hotel reservations last night at the Aloft Hotel, 1 of those listed on the DSC website. just for the hell of it, i went to travelocity first and check room availability/rates and got the
"no rooms available on your chosen dates" message. went back to the DSC Convention website and made the exact same reservations with no problem. it is directly across the street from the convention center.

I doubt I will attend but thanks for warning us!! rotflmo

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you check travelcity again they will probably now have vacancy with rooms at half price. dancing

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
i made my hotel reservations last night at the Aloft Hotel

The Aloft let me run out of toilet paper, for someone as full of it as I am, that's a BIG no no.
But it is in a great location.

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
If you check travelcity again they will probably now have vacancy with rooms at half price. dancing

wanna bet? damn shame you won't be there but i will bear up under the disappoint

posted Hide Post
K Evans, are you saying the only allowed area to have drink at the convention is in the designated bar areas only? No walking the aisles with a cocktail?

Posts: 5 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 11 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
yep, them's the rules as laid down by the state beveridge commission. same as last year...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
yep, them's the rules as laid down by the state beveridge commission. same as last year...

jdollar is correct as it stands right now and I don't foresee any change before the convention, but you never know. There will be several more bar areas throughout the hall so it won't be quite as bad as last year.
Speaking of last year, I heard some exhibitors had beverages and solo cups in their booths, but don't know for sure because no one was checking... Wink

Karl

Karl Evans

Posts: 2910 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
I'll be there with bells on...and then I'll take them off

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might be a way to make a little money here.
Set up a booth selling cheap travel mugs, only don't sell them cheap.
Profits not a four letter word.

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard