THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Cape Buffalo in the wild countries. UPDATED
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cape Buffalo in the wild countries. UPDATED
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
I have spent a good deal of time in the Zambezi Valley. Some of the trackers wore ski mask when it was only 65 degrees outside. That should give you an idea of how hot it can be there as you get closer to summer.

You will only be able to handle but so much of the heat. It may sound Gay, but look into taking a hot yoga or spin class to get acclimatized. I use to complain to my wife about the heat while working on the farm in August. My wife challenged me to see if I could handle a 30 minute session in one of her classes. I did not last ten minutes. They turn the heat in those rooms to as much as 98 degrees. You will have a great adventure regardless.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just transferring through Johannesburg back home and will do a good report but for now here’s a teaser.

The hunting in Nyakasanga was nothing but phenomenal. Was in close everyday with dugga boys. Tracking and hunting the proper way.

Posts: 136 | Location: B.C. Canada  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fabulous. I remenber your original post seeking outfitter recommendations for Buff and it's great to see that you booked you long dreamed of hunt. It sounds, rightly, like an experience you will forever savour. There is indeed something about buff hunting that touches the essence of a persons being. Congratulations on getting it done and taking some wonderful trophies.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2090 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Fine heads, waiting on the story now.

Congrats on getting it done.

How did it all add up with the budget?

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6028 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Love that picture.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done! Looks like you found your dream hunt.

Posts: 2628 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3519 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote