Notify
Tools

Re: So much for faith in NAPHA.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted
Hey Mark,

I am sorry to hear that this is still not resolved! Keep us posted.....

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Does NAPHA even have any teeth, or is it just an insider's club where they cover each other's ass (like GOABC).

It makes me wonder whether shooting that lion was on the up and up. It shouldn't have taken this long to get the permit.

If and when you get the trophies, check the accompanying documentation to see whether it matches the facts.

This type of delay is inexcusable.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I e-mailed the Namibia Professional Hunting Association on 11-25-04 and then again on 12-6-04. Two weeks later and so far I haven't heard a word from them.

I did hear from Vaughan on 11-26-04 he stated;
"Your trophy�s have been at the shipping agent for some time.." and "Your trophy�s will be on the way to you within the next couple of weeks as the agent is waiting on the export permit for the Lion. Mark will you please confirm the address and name of taxidermist that you would like your trophy�s shipped to."

I'm not sure what I think about that. Its now 15 months after our hunt, 6 months after June when we were told our trophies would be shipped in mid-August, 4 months after we were told in August our trophies would be shipped in "in a few weeks", "this will be the last time there is a delay on my hunters trophy�s" and now, after all that, Vaughan wants the address of our taxidermist. That, somehow, just doesn't add up to me????

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote