New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quality of Kynamco ammunition...?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am curious, do any of you have experience with their products, is it compatible with the old Kynoch ammo regarding to regulate as this in double rifles, they claim so....?

What about general quality and consistency, I am very satisfied with Federals .416 Rigby ammo, have anyone tried .416 Kynamco...??

Shared experience will be much appreciated...Wink

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Board.

Many of us who use Nitroexpress calibers handload, both for therapy and to have much cheaper ammo. I have used Federal in .470 for target shooting, but have not yet tried Kynamco rounds. Expect you'll hear from others shortly.
Regards

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Kynamco co. uses Woodleigh bullets so I am sure its quality ammo...It certainly is expensive and I prefer to handload my doubles.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Isn't the Holland & Holland labelled stuff just Kynamco in a different box? At least that is what I have heard.

Some fellows have had trouble with 500 Jeffery Kynamco ammo. But that is because there is more than one chamber specification for the .500 Jeffery (and for the .404 Jeffery for that matter).

In some of the more unusual calibers, there have been brass problems with the Kynoch ammo. But that was a couple of years ago I think.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 470FAN
posted Hide Post
I have some in 450-400 3 1/4 and 500 Nitro. When I get a chance to shoot them I will post. I tried to get my hands on the Westley Richards 500 NE but they were out of stock. My 500 was regulated with the WR so we will see how it shoots the Kynamco.

Posts: 155 | Location: Susanville, CA | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote