THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Hunt Report 9 Has Been Added - Roan And More Buffalo Videos Added
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunt Report 9 Has Been Added - Roan And More Buffalo Videos Added
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 68693 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
WOW! yes thank you Saeed.

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some great photos, Saeed. Excellent color. Looks like you guys had fun from day one. Great bush strip, too. Thanks.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I look forward to more reports!!!

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Wow! My mind had drifted far off course and right to Africa!!!! Keep them coming, Saeed! Fantastic! thumb

One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
Just beautiful!Thank you for sharing with us.

Best-
Locksley,R

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 810 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We ran out of Avon tse tse flies repellent, and all others we had had very little effect against the bloody things!

So I thought of mixing my own concoction.

I found some 100% Deet, some 50 SPF sunscreen, and a mosquito repellent they had in the tent.

I mixed them in about equal measures.

I made the mistake of telling everyone that I was going to get my own mixture, and the jokes never stopped!

When asked what I would put in it, I said "Tabasco, lemon juice, crushed garlic, and some organic material I will get from the animals we shoot"

That did it.

No one would touch my mixture!

Because of the sun screan, it looked like zebra piss! And Alan said it smelled like it too!

I tried it on, and I was the only one left alone by the tse tse flies. Both Roy and Alan were being eaten alive!

First Alan tried it, and announced his approval, then Roy did.

Word apparently travels fast in our hunting camp. Chris asked for some of my concoction, and I gave him half of what I had.

On that ruck, there were Chris, Nelson, Wayne and Paul. None would volunteer in trying it first!

Apparently no one trusted me!!?? Confused

Nelson took a bit and put it by his eye. He never got a bite there.

Still, none of them would try it.

The next morning, Rene asked for some of it - I am sure she got the good news from Alan and Roy.

She came in to the dining room, asking "Can I have some of your tse tse flies concoction?"

I gave her some, and we had another convert.

I am sure the actual deterrent is the Deet, but the sun screen helps protect against the sun, and the mossy repellent works against the mopane bees, which can be a real pain sometimes.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68693 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
If you could get rid of the smell and look sounds like you could have a good seller there. thumb

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari-Hunt:
If you could get rid of the smell and look sounds like you could have a good seller there. thumb

Actually, Alan was joking, as it did not smell any worse than normal sun screen.

One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
Woderful pictures.
Welcome home by the way.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Two more hunt reports have been added.

There is plenty more to come.
I hope you enjoy them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

How was that photo of the Eland's innards taken?Thank you.

Best-
Locksley,R

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 810 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
What a great hunting trip !!
To be honest, the trophy that I liked more was the eland !! what a great animal, big and beatiful. I will prefer an eland like that before any buffalo !!!!!

Congrats

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobinOLocksley:
Saeed,

How was that photo of the Eland's innards taken?Thank you.

Best-
Locksley,R

One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
Wow...fantastic pics...thanks for posting them !!!

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Hunt Report number 4 has been added.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to Report Number 5!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks,Saeed.When I saw the first pic it cavity looked so clean and as if taken using an endoscopic camera!LOL.

Great pictures.Thank you for sharing and the pictorial reports.

Best-
Locksley,R

one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Trailcam pictures look very good.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Hunt Report 5 has been added.

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Great stuff Saeed,

It's nice to see all the incidental stuff as well as the hunting pics. After all that is what truly makes the experience complete.

Thanks
K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great pictures.Planning to upload any videos,Saeed?

Best-
Locksley,R

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Yes I will add some videos, but it will take me a few days.

I am trying to balance catching up with some work, capturing the videos, and selecting photos for more hunt reports.

The only helper I have is Walter, and there is no way I will let him loose on any of my computers!

He has this uncanny knack of breaking everything he touches!

And to speed things up, I have captured some of the footage - enough to make the first DVD - so that I can capture the rest on one computer and burn the DVDs on another.

I am trying to include a lot of footage of the actual hunt, before and after the kill.

And as usual, our films have no voice over and no commentary.

You really see and hear what actually goes on on the hunt.

I have a clip of our trackers and game scout and driver eating gun powder from a cartridge I had removed the bullet from!

They thought it was delicious, and quite funny as one of the smokes. I told him not to smoke for a while, otherwise he might go BOOM! To the great satisfaction of the rest of them!

The gun powder is really just organic salt, which is black, and comes in granules just like black powder.

We removed a bullet from one of my cartridges, and replaced the gun powder with this salt.

One of Us
Picture of Cunningham
posted Hide Post
Fantastic. I love this report you give each year. I must say it is always very varied and nice. Very comprehensive. Thank You!

Global Sportsmen Outfitters, LLC
Bob Cunningham
404-802-2500

Posts: 580 | Location: I am neither for you or against you. I am completely the opposite. | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of slimtim
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Thank you for the photos.

The whole family was gathered around the dinner table enjoying the photos tonight.

Tim

Posts: 137 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Hunt Report 6 has been added.

one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Great reports!
Thanks for sharing, Saeed! Smiler
Love the photos..

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Two video cameras were used, but I am not sure of the exact model numbers.

One is a Canon HD and one is a Sony HD camera.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are enjoying the reports, Saeed!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I was capturing our hunting video to the computer, when I came across the day we shot our first croc.

The croc had a mouthful of meat from the hippo, which we had tied by the water's edge, went back into deeper water and was swallowing it with his head out of the water.

I aimed for his head and fired.
He went absolutely still. Deathly still. Not even a twitch of his tail. Alan was saying "well done". Roy was saying "he is not going anywhere".

The croc was pronounced DEAD!

We went and dragged the dead croc out of the water, and laid him on the grass by the river side ready for the photos.

We took pictures of every part of his anatomy - yours truly taking close up of his teeth while the mouth was wide open.

Then we noticed that his left eye was BLINKING! We attributed this to him be a leazard, and it was due to reflex action.

Someone was holding his mouth open, and he snapped it shut!

Again, this was attributed to reflex action!

We called for another truck to come with additional people to carry him to the camp.

They arrived, and a sort of committee was formed to load him into the truck.

They dragged him next to the truck, and as all committees do, they spent the next few minutes debating on how to carry him up to the truck.

One man was standing by the croc's head, and he must have noticed that the left eye was blinking.

He touched it!

The croc blinked, and the tracker pulled his hand away as if scolded!

Another man got hold of the head of the croc, and he was put into the back of the truck, and the truck drove back to camp.

As we drove back to camp after dark, our driver was talking on the radio and laughing!

Apparently the boys in the skinning shed had a nasty surprise!

They announced the croc "was walking out of the butchery".

We drove straight to the butchery, and found everyone in camp there, enjoying the ghastly show!

There was no one in danger, as they managed to tie the crocs mouth shut with ropes.

The croc wasn't walking, but was turning himself over and over sideways!

His right side was dead, but his left eye kept blinking!

Someone mentioned that he wasn't really a croc, but a witch doctor in disguise!

There were looks of utter fear on some of the faces there.

I said "he will probably come for me at night then! I will make sure I have my rifle loaded and ready"

A number of our staff starting nodding their heads in agreement.

A long knife was obtained, and he was killed by sticking it in the back of his head.

His legs were still twitching after he was skinned!!??

The second croc gave us even more trouble, and I will tell you about it when I get to that part of the video!

I screwed up the first shot, and we had a wounded croc in the water!

Let your imagination run wild now, and I can assure you you won't get even close to what had happened clap

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have added another Hunt Report.
This one is a selection of Walter's choice.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the great pics,again,Saeed.Yes, the videos of pre-hunt and post-hunt will be more appreciated as hunting is not just the kill.

quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Yesterday I was capturing our hunting video to the computer, when I came across the day we shot our first croc.

The croc had a mouthful of meat from the hippo, which we had tied by the water's edge, went back into deeper water and was swallowing it with his head out of the water.

He went absolutely still. Deathly still. Not even a twitch of his tail. Alan was saying "well done". Roy was saying "he is not going anywhere".

We went and dragged the dead croc out of the water, and laid him on the grass by the river side ready for the photos.

We took pictures of every part of his anatomy - yours truly taking close up of his teeth while the mouth was wide open.

Then we noticed that his left eye was BLINKING! We attributed this to him be a leazard, and it was due to reflex action.

We called for another truck to come with additional people to carry him to the camp.

They dragged him next to the truck, and as all committees do, they spent the next few minutes debating on how to carry him up to the truck.

One man was standing by the croc's head, and he must have noticed that the left eye was blinking.

He touched it!

Another man got hold of the head of the croc, and he was put into the back of the truck, and the truck drove back to camp.

As we drove back to camp after dark, our driver was talking on the radio and laughing!

We drove straight to the butchery, and found everyone in camp there, enjoying the ghastly show!

There was no one in danger, as they managed to tie the crocs mouth shut with ropes.

I said "he will probably come for me at night then! I will make sure I have my rifle loaded and ready"

A long knife was obtained, and he was killed by sticking it in the back of his head.

The second croc gave us even more trouble, and I will tell you about it when I get to that part of the video!

Let your imagination run wild now, and I can assure you you won't get even close to what had happened clap

That is a hair raising story.Tough son of a gun!
Glad no one was hurt.I once saw strips of meat from a freshly butchered lamb clenching and unclenching.It was freaky.
Best-
Locksley,R

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed

I always enjoy your Hunt Reports year after year. Most of the Pics are simply awesome. Sure you guys had alot of fun.
Thanks for shareing.

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobinOLocksley:
Thanks for the great pics,again,Saeed.Yes, the videos of pre-hunt and post-hunt will be more appreciated as hunting is not just the kill.

quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

He touched it!

That is a hair raising story.Tough son of a gun!
Glad no one was hurt.I once saw strips of meat from a freshly butchered lamb clenching and unclenching.It was freaky.
Best-
Locksley,R

Saeed's croc was a little freaky alright. We were in the vicinity when he shot it, so we came over to congratulate Saeed, check out the croc and take some photos etc.

The eye blinking thing was unsettling enough, but what got me going was how it would pull its legs away from me whenever I stepped on its feet!

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Outstanding in all respects.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have added a couple of video clips.

Please right-click and save them to your computer.

They are large files, and I think you will like the quality.

One of Us
Picture of bigfats
posted Hide Post
It may be I just missed it, but I'd like to know the caliber Saeed is using on Buff in these videos.

Great hunt and super videos.

Thanks

Jim

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigfats:
It may be I just missed it, but I'd like to know the caliber Saeed is using on Buff in these videos.

Great hunt and super videos.

Thanks

Same as always. Its his own wildcat 375/404, using 300gr mono-metal bullets that he makes himself.

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great videos.Thank you.The first video,how far the buffaloes were at the time of shooting? I often wonder that what will happen if the herd stampedes or charges in the hunters' direction? They do look confused as to what's happening. But, how likely is the possibility of a herd stampede or charge?Apart from prayer and showing clean pairs of heels, are there any tactics that can be used in such a situation?Do I sound stupid?Thanks.

Best-
Locksley,R