THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Speech by PHASA President Stewart Dorrington

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speech by PHASA President Stewart Dorrington
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of stubbleduck47
posted
http://www.africanindaba.co.za/Newsletter/8.htm

Follow the link to an interesting speech by Stewart Dorrington the current president of PHASA.

Posts: 911 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
It looks like PHASA finally has a president with some guts, and foresight. I only hope it's not just lip service.

One of Us
Picture of stubbleduck47
posted Hide Post
I can't speak for PHASA as a whole but Stewart Dorrington will not participate in a "Lip service" approach to issues.

Posts: 911 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Only time will tell, If PHASA is able and or willing to purge their membership of unethical operators. On paper PHASA has a very good Constitution, if they follow through and publicly kick out ALL members that violate their codes of conduct. PHASA will make a REAL positive impact on the industry. All disciplinary action needs to be public! Everybody needs to see to the consequences !

Robert Johnson

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I was very impressed by what Mr. Dorrington had to say. He nailed many of the issues facing South Africa right now. South Africa is a great hunting destination and a true conservation success story. With many species only available in the RSA and unique, beautiful safari country, I think we all wish him the best!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The morals of the hunts may not be a facror very long if the SAPS hold people for 8 hrs + at the airport. As there may be WAY LESS people going there.

one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Knowing Stewart personally and being a PHASA member I can atually say that I feel very happy about the things that Stewart is doing even if it means that he doens't spend as much time as he has to on his ranch and oufit as well as with his family but he is definetely stirring the pot and telling the government to wake up and smell the dead animals which brings in big revenue. clap

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote