New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elephant tail
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can some of you fine folks show me some pictures of your elelphant hair bracelets?

Posts: 344 | Location: Elkin North Carolina USA | Registered: 12 March 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

A ring and a bracelet made of elephant hair.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Here's one I've had for many years. - It's a bit old and fragile now, so I retired it to my gunsafe. If you look closely, you'll see a broken hair on the left hand side.....

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
The first 3-banger I've seen. Cute.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Take a close look at those knots as well..... beautiful huh? - You can't buy that kind of thing commercially........

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Not enough hair for a traditional four-knot bracelet:

When I saw the topic I thought you wanted pictures of the tails themselves.

[Click picture for larger version.]

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Here's another unusual one.

One of Us
Picture of namibiahunter
posted Hide Post
My African experiences are more than just hunting trophies. It is also the color of the land and sunsets, the sweat, the heat, the thorns, the sounds of predators as they close in on their prey, the voices of market vendors, the warmth and friendship around a braai, and the feeling that all this may be lost forever unless I live it now.

Namibiahunter

Posts: 665 | Location: Oregon or Namibia | Registered: 13 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shakari,

That is the coolest bracelet I've seen. Another thing to do with an intact tail and perfect hair is to save the tail, silver cap the end and mount it in a shadow box. Makes a pretty cool trophy.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those are beautiful!!!

I like the triple one.

Who can you send them to to get them made?

namibiahunter you are exactly right!!!! We do not need to take anything for granted. It's like the trout streams here. They are being pounded by people coming in from the big cites. Now there are hardly any trout left. One should enjoy the sights and sounds and smells of special places because they will change. I would still like a little something to refreash my memories like a bracelet. I'm a taxidermist so you can bet that Lord willing I will mount everything. Wink

Posts: 344 | Location: Elkin North Carolina USA | Registered: 12 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Wildlife Artist,

I'm not sure if you're referring to the triple or the double?

If it's the triple, you're out of luck I'm afraid. I don't know of anyone who ties them that well on a commercial basis. - That one was a gift to me many years ago and the guy who tied it is now sadly long dead.

Many people can tie the doubles, and that one was nothing more than a bit of bush technology when my watch strap broke in the bush. - Only one way to get the tail hair though. Wink

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
I was so lucky with my first, and only trophy elephant...it had no hair to tie up...it was so old!!
The skinning crew made sure I didn't go home braceletless, however...they had a whole bag full of them, all tied up...and I really got some nice ones...I am still giving them away to SPECIAL people...mostly girls of importance!!

470EDDY

Posts: 2674 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have several but my blond elephant hair bracelet gets the most attention..I suppose they are rare, this one was dumb enough to get itself killed! coffee

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42156 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote