THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    South Africa accused of covering up grisly murder spree

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

South Africa accused of covering up grisly murder spree
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted
Just read this on Fox News Mobile and thought it may be of interest to some members.

Warning -WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT Last month, British woman Sue Howarth and her husband Robert Lynn were woken at 2am by three men breaking into a window of their remote farm in Dullstroom, a small town in the northeast of South Africa, about 150 miles from the nearest capital city.
Here is link:
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2...ly-murder-spree.html

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Heart breaking it doesn't make mainstream news!

D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This kind of story doesn't fit the progressive agenda....no coverage.....

Posts: 42111 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
The use of torture in these cases is quite disturbing. Robbery is one thing, but the torture is on a whole new (low) level. Smells sort of Mau Mau-ish.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
To all those who have been dismissing the various reports from people "on the ground" that RSA is reeking with criminals and "white genocide" is the national agenda, you ought to use the google functions more often and confirm the atrocities being committed against the "white" farming communities in the "Land of the Rainbow".

Posts: 2001 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
What's happening is a disgrace & the fact the SA Governmunt is not only ignoring it but encouraging it is even more of a disgrace.

But the most disgraceful things of all are that the Govts of the western world are turning a blind eye & not only ignoring the genocide but continuing to pay foreign aid whilst refusing to offer white Africans sanctuary........... whilst offering it to every other ethnic group under the sun. Frowner

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought when the World Cup was in the RSA that the world would see what has really happened to that country. Nothing happened. I was surprised.

Posts: 12055 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Dullstroom is a nice tourist area in the mountains. Known as the trout fishing capital of RSA. I have been there a few times.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I thought when the World Cup was in the RSA that the world would see what has really happened to that country. Nothing happened. I was surprised.

They did happen but virtually nothing was reported by the western media...... which takes us back to the blind eye I mentioned. Frowner

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Agree with all the above. But like JTEX says...it does not fit the liberal agenda.

Sad to watch the country that performed the first open heart surgery turn into a third world sh!+ hole.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37281 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Africa is simmering at the moment. Kenya has seen large scale land invasions accompanied by violence, with some of the Kenyan politicians singing the praises of Mugabe. Zim continues to degenerated- if that were even possible! Mozambique is more than simmering.....South Africa is sitting on a knife edge. It has been there before but the next few months are critical. If it reaches that negative tipping point it will be something the likes of the past few generations have never seen before. I wouldn't think it necessary to cancel or postpone safaris yet. But you absolutely need to book with the more established and long standing outfitters. They haven't survived by been wet behind the ears and out of touch! And make sure you have the right trip insurance and evacuation cover.

The press may not be reporting on it but the situation is very real and the rise of wide spread radical views is on the increase.

Many say the world needs to know ; but quite frankly the major powers do and are not interested.

Posts: 394 | Location: Africa | Registered: 25 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In depth article on South African farm attacks and politics

For those who may be interested in some details

Posts: 394 | Location: Africa | Registered: 25 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As it is now I will not spend a dime in RSA..

We need to stop the foreign aid...that is a language they understand and that will hopefully remove the most corrupt racist African leaders..

I had my far share of corrupt RSA police at Oliver Tambo last December..

Posts: 3971 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PONDORO, That is the wrong approach you are spending your money in SA ACTUALY WITH THE GUYS THAT ARE MAKKING A DIFRENCE, Same as in Zimbabwe and anywhere else in Africa for that matter, the good people relied on guys like you to keep there business going. And I am sure I am speaking on behalf of all the outfitters world wide.... I would like to thank all our loyal clients and friends that are the only reason we are in business today!

Phillip du Plessis
www.intrepidsafaris.com
info@intrepidsafaris.co.za
+27 83 633 5197
US cell 817 793 5168

Posts: 402 | Location: Alldays, South Africa | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In a generation or two the life in Africa will be unbareable for most.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by INTREPID SAFARIS:
PONDORO, That is the wrong approach you are spending your money in SA ACTUALY WITH THE GUYS THAT ARE MAKKING A DIFRENCE, Same as in Zimbabwe and anywhere else in Africa for that matter, the good people relied on guys like you to keep there business going. And I am sure I am speaking on behalf of all the outfitters world wide.... I would like to thank all our loyal clients and friends that are the only reason we are in business today!

If I was allowed to tuck my .45 ACP under my vest when I drove away from OR Tambo...it would be a little less disconcerting. Otherwise...it gives me pause...afterall...we are going for FUN.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37281 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 on that Lane..

Posts: 3971 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The West letting Mugabe get away with confiscation of land in Zimbabwe, set the precedent for the remaining countries in Africa with any semblance of freehold tenure and commercial farming. What politician can resist the promise of a lifetime in office for playing Robin Hood? Viva Mugabe!

The West letting the ANC get away with plunder in SA sets a similar precedent. Who is going to play by the rules when theft seems to work so well for those at the top. Give me some!! Where is mine??

And why stop at farms? After all there are some very nice houses and cars owned by white people.

What nobody in the West will tell you is that Putin put a stop to similar shenanigans in Russia. It will take a man of similar backbone and ruthless methods to get Africa in line.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2929 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pondoro:
+1 on that Lane..

+2 that would make a difference.

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I will be in Dullstroom in 4 weeks for some fishing/ wingshooting. I'll let you know how it is......

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13336 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
I will be in Dullstroom in 4 weeks for some fishing/ wingshooting. I'll let you know how it is......

I was in Dullstroom a fortnight ago, everything was nice and calm.

Posts: 640 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

Nothing happened then because everything was great. The entire country was celebrating: Blacks, Whites, Coloureds and Indians - plus me. There wasn't a single serious incident to write about.

Posts: 640 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stubbleduck47
posted Hide Post
Check the March 25, 2017 edition of "The Economist" on page 41 for an interesting article on the struggles of the South Africa Constitutional Court with the current government of South Africa. It appears that government corruption is well established and that the Court has marginal ability / power to affect such corruption.

Posts: 911 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Mau-Mau Redux, plan accordingly, but since the Brits are no longer there, or for that matter ceased to exist in that mode, best thing to do is get the hell out of there...

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7147 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Above post from Manathelo

quote:
In depth article on South African farm attacks and politicsFor those who may be interested in some details

Savages castrated poor guy then ate his testicles in front of him! Cannibals in South Africa, you will not see that on the brochure. My friends and contacts are telling me that there are more attacks than normal. You would think that if it was that bad there would be reports of retaliation from the Boers but that may just what the ANC and other party officials want.

It must not be that bad because the State Department has not issued any Travel Warning for RSA.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I'll take my chances

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote