THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Babe Winkelman Show - Disgusting Lion Hunt

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Babe Winkelman Show - Disgusting Lion Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Sorry to tread on another bash on canned lion hunting but I saw a Babe Winkelman show on Sunday that had a lion hunt. The PH was a Frikke Dutoit and he proceed to show the client how the lion was coming into and out of the fence killing his game. They then proceeded to find tracks, stalk the lion and get up on it a range of 22 yards (bowhunter with rangefinder). The PH then had to make lots of noises to get the drugged lion up, bowhunter shoots it, apparantly too drugged to really react and it dies. Sadly, this is what the antis need to shut us all down and it is on national TV. Just curious if anyone else saw it. I cannot attest to the facts of the hunt but this was a clear perception of how it looked to me.

Larry

York, SC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This was posted a few months back. Its the owner or something of Rage broadheads. The video is on their website showing all sorts of kills with the Rage. They find the lion "sleeping" under a tree LOL. The PH if thats what you call him roars 3 or 4 times till the lion finally picks its head up and the guy shoots the lion. The lion gets up and just stands there then keels over dead. That lion was so drugged up you could of walked up to it and killed it with a knife. What an embarrassment.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
did you catch the buff? The quick shot after the bow?

really cool, huh. Roll Eyes

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
You noticed it too, huh? Fences and all.

Posts: 4859 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought Babe Winkelman was invoved with fishing bewildered Confused

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Most of those who shoot canned lions either lie when asked how they did it or try to change the subject.

Rarely do they film their "exploits" and put the film clip up on the internet or on television.

These jokers are either idiots or shameless or both, take your pick. thumbdown

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13404 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Babe Winkelman is a self promoting "Carny", plain and simple. Shows like these should be drummed off the air. Call or e-mail the network and express your displeasure with this type of crap. I do, don't know if it helps, but makes me feel better.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Agreed. +1 thumb

One of Us
Picture of Hunter's Wife-To-Be
posted Hide Post
I actually saw that Sunday. I've not even been on my first hunting safari yet, but even I know it's pretty pitiful if you have to wake your prey up to shoot it.

Posts: 49 | Location: La-La Land | Registered: 07 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i've noticed most of his shows have the same type of "character" in them.

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buliwyf:
I thought Babe Winkelman was invoved with fishing bewildered Confused

He's branched out into hunting. He should stick with fishing only.

Posts: 932 | Location: Delaware, USA | Registered: 13 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
...and take his lard ass wife with him.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw the first part of the show and seen enough to know what was going on. Disgusting!

I turned it off and went to the bathroom to puke!

I think we should drug up the PH and Babe and shoot them with a bow. Or better yet my with 500 Jeffery!

Posts: 385 | Location: So. Nevada | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
Babe Winkelman is a self promoting "Carny", plain and simple. Shows like these should be drummed off the air. Call or e-mail the network and express your displeasure with this type of crap. I do, don't know if it helps, but makes me feel better.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

yep, that is why I gave up watching him years ago when he was just doing fishing shows.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2585 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any one have an e-mail address to send complaints to?

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I looked on the website to do just that and guess what. This is their premier show on the web and you can watch all of it. They just do not care or do not have a clue. I did not get far enough to find an email to complain.

York, SC

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
You could always email Versus or the sponsors Winkleman lists on his website.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post
I also saw the show- pathetic..... thumbdown

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I have to admit that the highlight of one of his fishing shows was when the Mrs. took you into the kitchen and displayed her skills as a cook. I guess the marketing strategy there was to include the ladies of the audience. I am sure each male viewer would rush his Mrs. to the TV to see this amazing display in cooking.
Did not know he was involved in big game hunting, but it would be interesting if they displayed how one would prepare Lion soup, stew, or hind quarters being roasted over an open fire. Hell, they could spice the event up a bit if they roasted a monkey, hair and all, during the show. I'll be sure and try and avoid his latest hunting adventures.

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
I tuned in only in time for the lion kill and, even though I saw nothing leading up to it, I thought it was totally disgusting. The buffalo segment that followed was nearly as bad.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's the same story with most of these jackasses - get a company or two to promote your nonsense, & you're on your way to fame & fortune in the outdoor world. Babe Winkelman, Ted Nugent, the list goes on. They could all learn tons from Craig Boddington or Ivan Carter on how to produce an ethical, interesting, & realistic show for outdoor television. I'm sick of the staged hunts, and nothing but deer, turkey, turkey, deer, more deer, a few turkey, some more deer, another turkey or two, deer, & then some more deer ..........

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1584 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow Dudes....pretty harsh dialouge...yes the show was very bad and it will not improve our collective position with anyone questioning our hunting heritage. But Please I venture to say that there are far more folks out there that hunt deer, turkey, turkey and yes more deer and maybe once in a life time elk or bear and if really lucky both. So the lucky ones who get to travel to Africa and beyond should be careful, some of these show although sometimes pretty lame do generate interest in our passion. Ethics is a very personal thing and I can't support killing a drugged animal anytime but some of these TV nimrods have a place in the bigger picture. Most of us recognize shit ( excuse the term) when we see or smell it!!!

Posts: 98 | Location: NW Missouri | Registered: 26 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
if i see another whitetail or turkey killed on camera, i will scream. when i was a kid growing up in the 50'S, it was the stories in Outdoor Life about African safaris that made me vow if I could ever afford it I would go. I never dreamed about whitetails and turkeys. Took me 40 years to fulfill the dream, but after my first trip to Africa over 10 years ago, i quit hunting USA/Canada. Crap like this Babe Winkleman debacle is inexcusable. a simple email to his sponsors will send a message in a hurry if enough people get off their ass and do it.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13180 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mark DeWet
posted Hide Post
I am not surprised that something like this has cropped up again - and caused so much controversy.Fortunately we do not get the Winkleman show here in Africa - but his mere association (read "hunt") with the PH mentioned(Frikkie DuToit) in the first thread says it all - this so called "PH" has the morals and ethics of a broken soup plate !!! Man at times when I read and hear about this shit, it makes me so disgusted that I am a PH in Africa - that I want to change career paths !

Mark

Mark DeWet
Mark DeWet Safaris - Africa
E-mail: marksafex@icon.co.za

... purveyors of traditional African safaris

Posts: 86 | Location: Southern Africa | Registered: 25 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ovny
posted Hide Post
What counts is truly regrettable. The picture that emerges is what was said that hunting and hunters are some undesirables. Not pursue hunting and shooting a drugged animal. It's a pathetic and very negative image for our fans. I think we must fight against such destructive behavior to the world of hunting.

Regards,

Oscar.

I am Spanish

My forum:www.armaslargasdecaza.com

Posts: 1131 | Location: Spain (Madrid) | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
I met him up in Yellowknife last fall, he was flying into a Caribou camp that according to the pilot hadnt got any caribou yet...........think his hunt was a bust

Serves the arrogant pompous ass right!

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote