New
Find
Notify
Tools

Positive comments on hunting to DSC
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
These are a few of the many emails we have received regarding interviews done on the dead lion issue and hunting in general by our ED Ben Carter, not all people "on the fence" have to fall to the anti hunting side. It is interesting to me that most if not all of these comments come from non hunters. This tells me that we can reach this segment but have not done a very good job up to this point. That will change.
Oh yeah, not all have been positive but the good outnumber the bad about 4 to 1.

To whom it may concern,

I was privileged to hear your executive director, Ben Carter, speak on the Here and Now Program on WFAE this afternoon. I must say, I was absolutely thrilled to hear his responses to host Robin Young's barrage of inappropriate questions. She spoke with disdain for hunters and anyone that may view hunting as a sport, and Mr. Carter rose to meet her snide comments with confidence and truth about big game hunting! I just wanted to send a supportive message your way and acknowledge that you have a fine executive director.

God bless!

------------------------------------------------

Dear Ben Carter:

You did a very nice job in your interview just now. I cannot wrap my head around a person wanting to kill an animal for a trophy, but I also can’t wrap my head around the ground pork I just made into summer sausage and will eat tomorrow. They are the same. I could live on a plant-based diet, but I don’t, because it doesn’t’ work for me; I’ve tried.

People who want these species preserved should put up the money to preserve them.

Thanks for doing that interview.

------------------------------------------------

Good Afternoon!

I randomly tuned into NPR today and heard Ben Carter explain how big game hunting benefits the indigenous citizens in Africa. I would like to say thank you. I have always had an interest in hunting. I am now more inclined than ever to continue researching the sport and I hope to one day pursue it as a hobby.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2901 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good news indeed!
This lifted my spirits considerably.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Fantastic news!

Just what we all like to hear, well done to Mr. Carter.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68692 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done! Thank you Mr. Carter. Now what can the rest of us do?

Most of the people I associate with are hunters, or are not anti hunting. I have spent a lot of time explaining how hunting works in Africa. The folks who have never been have no idea how much hunting benefits the locals employed by the hunting companys. Most folks never think of where the locals get some of their protein and what happens when hunting is closed in their areas.

We must keep trying to inform those who will listen.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done, thank you. We need to get you in front of more people!

Posts: 42343 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote